Divorce

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Are you a child of divorce? Have you ever divorced being a child of divorce? Have you ever had a divorced (for all comers).
  • My parents did not divorce (although they should have). When my mom died, they'd been married 33 years.

I have been married 10 years and am separated from my husband. We will most likely divorce, but haven't taken that last step yet.

• I am a child of divorce. I haven't divorced - and don't plan on it. My in-laws are going through a divorce right now and even though the kids are all grown, it is really difficult for them. They had been married 38 years.
  • My parents did not divorce, although they should have. They have been married 26 years now.
    8 years ago he cheated on my Mom with some woman he met in a bar. He felt so guilty he confessed to my Mom. She asked him to leave. He left for about 5 months than came back.
    I still haven't forgave him, and probably never will. He used to be my hero, now I can't stand the sight of him.
  • I am divorced. My parents did not divorce as my father died when I was 17 months old , my mother remarried and left my stepfather several times but they eventually stayed together.
  • My parents are divorced. They divorced when I was about4, and my sister was about 7. My Mom remarried soon after and has been married since. My Dad hasn't remarried. I'm not married, and never have been. I hope to never get divorced but who knows.
  • My parents divorced. I think I was 15 when they separated.

They're both MUCH happier now, even though they never appeared particularly unhappy before. They've become more interesting people -- their marriage was holding them both back from pursuing their hobbies/interests. My mom is now in a serious relationship with a very nice man and my dad is happily and purposely single. And I'm really happy for both of them!
  • My parents have never divorced and I'm am quite sure never will. I'm not married. My mother's parents were divorced. Her father remarried at least a couple times, her mother once. My mother was young when this happened and it was a real tragedy that still upsets me to hear or think about. She didn't have half the childhood she should have had.
  • My parents divorced when I was nine. My mom walked out on us. It was very hard on me. At the time she was selfish and wasn't thinking about her family. She got remarried only a couple of years later and had another kid. In a way I'm glad she got remarried and had my little sister, but I also wonder what our family would have been like if our family would have never been split apart. When my dad died 3 years ago my mom told me that her and my dad divorcing was a mistake. She still loved him, and he never stopped loving her.
  • My parents just celebrated their 30th.
    I am divorced. Stupid right-after-high-school-marriage. So dumb... Didn't know anything about myself or the person I was marring. He was a jerk and a moron who sufficated me. Engaged after 2 months. We knew eachother for 5 months before getting married. Happily divorced for over 2 years. I never plan on divorcing again, though. I've learned my lesson. REALLY get to know yourself and the other person before walking down the isle.
  • Parents are still together. 38 years. Husbands parents are still together. 37 years. Married, obviously, and do not ever plan on considering divorce. We've only been married for 2 years but been together about 6. Can't imagine us ever getting to that point.
  • nobody in my family at all has ever been divorced. everyone on my husbands side is divorced. the jury is still out for us though. lol.
  • My parents divorced when I was young (5-6) and it was the right thing to do. My father wasn't a good husband to my mom.

My husbands parents have been together for well over 30 years and I wouldn't expect them to ever get divorced.

I've only been married for a couple years and I don't expect we'd ever get a divorce. I don't think my husband would leave unless I told him to and I don't think I'd leave him. I don't think either of us would do something to 'warrant' a divorce either.
  • My parents divorced when I was 13. When I was 15, they both remarried other people and have been happy with those people ever since (I am now 39). It was the right thing for them. Now I have Mom and Tom and Dad and Lynne - twice the parents!

I have never been married - read into that what you will
  • Quote:
    I have never been married - read into that what you will
    You are a smart lady?