3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Toys from the Past! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/155166-toys-past.html)

Americaninuk 10-29-2008 08:43 AM

Toys from the Past!

i was watching a show on tv about some older toys and it got me remembering what i used to love to play with as a young child.. im 44 now.. but here were some of my faves:)

1. close and play record player
2. ker plunk
3. jacks
4. big ole yellow tonka dump truck lol
5. barbies (wish i still had some of those.. would be worth something prob)
6. dont break the ice
7. dont spill the beans
8. cinnimon( doll with red hair and if you pushed in the belly button you could make her hair longer with a pull lol)
9. clackers
10. pet rock when i was 11 lol

any of you have any fond memories of toys from your past??

Hat Trick 10-29-2008 09:30 AM

Pet rock - - lol I remember those cause I had one!

Rock'em Sock'em Robots
Mouse Trap
Matchbox cars (my all time favorite toy as a kid)
Rubik's cube - couldn't do it then, can't do it now
GI Joe - I never had a Ken doll so I used my brother's GI Joe (w/duct tape to keep the arm on) instead
Easy Bake Oven and Incredible Edibles

Haley8203 10-29-2008 09:55 AM

she-ra and he-man are my faves lol my daughter has my moms midge, ken and skipper dolls but they def aren't worth money after being in my kid's hands lol

murphmitch 10-29-2008 10:23 AM

I loved Barbies (never had a Ken doll so we used my brother's GI Joe)
Rock'em Sock'em Robots
Troll dolls
Jacks esp. at school
Chinese jumpropes
Hot Wheels
Monopoly
Mousetrap
Easy Bake Oven
Lots of dolls
CandyLand
Chatty Cathy (my favorite)

PhotoChick 10-29-2008 10:30 AM

Oh funny. I just flashed back to spending summers at my grandmother's place and the things we used to play together.

Mousetrap
LiteBrite
Pickup Sticks
Lemon Twist
Chinese checkers

And anyone remember that marble game - similar to a Chinese checkers board with marbles, but the goal was to get just one marble left in the center? I used to play that for HOURS. My grandmom could win it every time.

Americaninuk 10-29-2008 10:42 AM

thanks photochick for reminding me about litebright.. cant believe i forgot that one.. used to spend hours doing the pages that came with, as well as making up my own....

also forgot to add spirograph.. think that was what it was called lol

ANOther 10-29-2008 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Americaninuk (Post 2429841)
also forgot to add spirograph.. think that was what it was called lol

You got it, I had one of those too. For younger chicks not in the loop, it had a drawing board, paper and pins, and gears of different sizes, two were rings, with little holes in them for a pen: you pinned one ring or gear down and placed another gear so that the teeth meshed, and then pushed off from point A drawing with the pen, and if you were lucky and the gears or pen didn't slip, when the pen got back to A you had a pretty design

luvja 10-29-2008 11:37 AM

Anyone remember POGS?!. I have like 2 garbage bags FULL of pogs. Sweet game!. :)

tikanique 10-29-2008 11:59 AM

Oh man,

Jacks (I still have my set!)
spirograph, litebrite
Stretch Armstrong and Stretch Monster
Growing up Skipper (if you cranked her arm, she grew an inch and also grew boobs!)
Tiffany Taylor doll, you could spin her scalp around to switch her from a red-head to a brunette
The Barbie Dream House
Hot tracks and match box cars
Lincoln Logs and Tinkertoys!

FB 10-29-2008 12:09 PM

Oh! I am such an '80's babe! I loved my Voltron!
  • Jem, she's truly outrageous!
  • Transformers
  • Voltron, duh
  • He-man
  • Shrinky Dinks
  • My Little Pony
  • Pound Puppies
  • Remember that 'Get in Shape Girl' exercise stuff for little girls? I never had that. If only I would have, I can blame this weight thing on Santa and my parents, huh?
  • Poochie. I loved Poochie, wanted one with all of my heart and never got it. I still want one, do I need therapy? :lol:
http://www.dreamfollow.com/lilypad/pictures/poochie.jpg

FreeSpirit 10-29-2008 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvja (Post 2429936)
Anyone remember POGS?!. I have like 2 garbage bags FULL of pogs. Sweet game!. :)

YES! I saw some at the goodwill and it brought back so many memories.

Barbies.
Beanie Babies.
My little Pony
Shoots and Ladders
Those little electronic animals that you fed and stuff...
Legos

ANOther 10-29-2008 01:46 PM

I had 2 Barbies (one blonde, one brunette) but never a Ken, Skipper (Growing Up or otherwise) or Midge, or any of her peripherals; I had a Charmin' Chatty which was a talking doll with records you could change. And I had Tinkertoys and (all this in the 60s mind you) some toy cars and a toy wild-west gun (!) Hmmm, after all these years I've kind of forgotten most of the toys I had (I think a lot of them went unopened)

Arlene Dallas 10-29-2008 02:01 PM

My dolls were my favorite toys...barbie, Ken, Midge, Francie, Skipper, Tammy, Ted, etc. I still have all of my dolls at my moms house along with my multiple cases of clothes. Other faves:
1. Spirograph
2. Hula Hoop
3. Roller skates (remember the ones you strapped onto your shoes and adjusted with a key?)
4. Slinky
5. Easy Bake oven
6. Sorry, Parcheesi, Tip It, Monopoly, Life

All of my toys are still in great shape in my moms basement, along with my other two sisters toys. I try to convince my mom
to sell them on ebay...some of them are worth a FORTUNE

LindaT 10-29-2008 02:07 PM

Kiddles - little tiny dolls that came in all sorts of things.. tiny soda bottles, jewelry lockets. etc

Barbies - I still have a bunch of mine.

Green Ghost - a glow in the dark board type game

Chrissy - yank the blonde hair out the top of her head to make it longer and then use the dial on her back to make it shorter.

Operation - i hated that game. You touched the sides of the game the wrong way and it made this Gawd awful BUZZZ

The game of Life

Clackers

Dawn dolls

Legos

The Masterpiece Game - you bought paintings? I liked this game.. cant remember why

There was this toy - cannot remember the name. It was a small yellow hoop you wore around one ankle. Attached to the hoop was a long line and a red bell shapped platic thing at the end. you spun this thing around one ankle and hoped over it with the other foot.. The really coordinated girls had one going on each ankle.. not me

katieonaplan 10-29-2008 10:09 PM

Linda,

I remember something called Lemon Up that sounds similar but I guess the plastic thing had to have been yellow. This was a hit, along with hopscotch.

Clackers - oh gosh, I saw a set recently and they were dangerous. I can still recall the bruises on my hands.

My favorite Barbie had painted on hair and three wigs you could use - blond, brunette and redhead.

How about Mystery Date, Twister, etch-a-sketch, hula hoops - maybe I'm too old. ;)

Katie