General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-28-2008, 08:18 AM   #46  
I'm a Loser ;)

S/C/G: SCG: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

I agree - check a costume shop You'll find some nice things - the only drawback are the prices are a little higher than most shops.

I dressed as a pirate one time - and wore a pair tight black pants underneath (remember the leggings from the 80's).

It worked out well
tamaralynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:36 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 307.2/249.4/150.0

Height: 5 feet 4

There was something on the Today show this morning (10.29) about too-skimpy costumes for little girls. French maid yet: she-eez!

When I was a kid (mid 60s), I went up to the attic, got out an old dress of my mom's (c. 1947) and an old hat, took an umbrella and went as more or less Mary Poppins (not with the Disney imprimatur of course). What's wrong with getting out old clothes and going as a hobo or bag lady, or is that no longer PC?

Last edited by ANOther; 10-29-2008 at 01:37 PM.
ANOther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:40 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANOther View Post
When I was a kid (mid 60s), I went up to the attic, got out an old dress of my mom's (c. 1947) and an old hat, took an umbrella and went as more or less Mary Poppins (not with the Disney imprimatur of course). What's wrong with getting out old clothes and going as a hobo or bag lady, or is that no longer PC?
No longer cool.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 12:40 AM   #49  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

I never had a store bought costume

But then I am 54

In my day we "stopped" trick or treating by 9th grade too

Over 20 and still Trick or Treating in my neighborhood...come on..

the little kids get a handful from me

the "adults" get 1 candy

Angie went shopping for costume accessories yesterday...said she noticed that the training bras now have under wire....

We have created a monster
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 07:17 AM   #50  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Not that I want to dismiss any of your concerns (I would not want to have the slutty option as the only option - nothing to do with body size, it simply would not be my choice), but I am not sure if we have this problem up North. This week, the temperature dropped to the freezing point and we had first snow yesterday. It will warm up a tad today and tomorrow but in this type of weather (usual for us, I have to say) there won't be too many slutty creatures running around (unless they put a thick thermal bodysuit underneath).
Having said that, I actually don't know what costumes are available for adults here. I saw a lot of cute kiddie costumes at Walmart, but were all too light for the current temperature.

Last edited by Tomato; 10-30-2008 at 07:19 AM.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 04:03 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Underwire in the smaller bras doesn't bother me so much as all the friggin padding. I have a hard time finding my daughter bras that aren't giving her a boost. Regarding costumes for kids, Party City had quite a few cute options for teens, like teen witch, teen fairy, etc. that weren't too low cut. Some of them also came with striped tights for even more coverage so the girl and I both left the store pleased with our purchase.
tikanique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 04:36 PM   #52  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Tika - Its hard finding ANY bras without padding. I actually gave up bras about a year ago. Instead I went with inexpensive sports bras (camisole like) and camisoles with built in bras.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 04:18 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 307.2/249.4/150.0

Height: 5 feet 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelie View Post
Its hard finding ANY bras without padding. I actually gave up bras about a year ago. Instead I went with inexpensive sports bras (camisole like) and camisoles with built in bras.
Are you talking about adult bras? Where do you shop? Nowadays I get all my bras from decentexposures.com (which are more like sports bras), but Woman Within, Roaman's and Just My Size all have nice soft-cup bras (as well as the underwire stuff which I avoid like ye plague). Of course I like my bras functional not frilly, but YMMV
ANOther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 04:38 PM   #54  
Operator265

Well, just got back from the Halloween Store and they did have some plus size outfits. Guess what. Every one of them was a Slutty Whatever.