Best Sneakers for walking....

• I need to invest in some good walking shoes...

What brand do you have??
  • I have had a lot of problems with shoes in the past. I just got some New Balance walking shoes and I love them. I was worried at first- the first day they hurt quite a bit. But from day two one they have been perfect. My model number is 645 if you want to look them up. They cost about $60.00
  • I would suggest going to a store and trying on a variety of pairs. Some people swear by New Balance but they generally don't work for me for exercising. Saucony is a great brand but then again, what works for me, may not work for you.
  • I have always found New Balance to be really heavy and clunky. I love my Pumas. They are light weight and have great support. I think I am going to stick with this brand.
  • My feet kind-of turn in (I think it's called pronate), so I've had some issues with my feet and legs hurting when I walk a lot.

I went to a place called Dick's sporting goods here in Cols, OH, and they went through a whole thing with me seeing what type of feet I had and told me Brooks are one of the best for my thing. I bought them for about $80 and they have made a world of difference.

You probably don't have the same issues, but I still LOVED the attention from one of the more fitness-based shoe stores, and I really felt like I got some great advice, all for the price of the shoes.

Best of luck finding what you're looking for! Good shoes are a MUST!!!
  • Jules I always have good luck with New Balance
  • I've been using Earth Shoes lately- www.earth.us - and I love them. They have the negative heel so your walking is about 20% more effective. They help tighten my legs and butt.
  • My Nike Shox are the best investment I've made in a long time! They're so comfy. Plus, if you have an iPod, you can get this program that works with the Shox that tells you how many calories you burn, it allows you to load different workouts, etc...pretty nifty!
  • My favorite sneakers ever are New Balance.
  • I have really wide feet, so I have to base sneaker purchases on that. New Balance is pretty good for wide shoes. I had a pair of NB sneakers that I absolutely loved, but I walked in them so much that I wore away a hole in the heel and was getting tons of blisters.

I actually found a pair of Reeboks yesterday at Sears that are wides and wicked comfortable!!! I have no arch whatsoever and have the flattest feet....so these were nice because some athletic sneakers have really high arches that end up killing my feet.
  • Of all the walking shoes I have my two fav and the best on my feet for walking are my New Balance 411's and my Nike Air Tri D...both are running shoes but I have found for me, the running shoes are more comfortable than the walking shoes. I have a pair of New Balanace 558 walking shoes and don't like them as much as the others. I have a pair of Nike Air Alvord VI Trail Running shoes on the way and will let you know how they are. But it really depends on your feet...what is good for one may not be good for another.
  • I've tried on tons of sneakers in trying to find the perfect pair. I always come back to Nike Air. I like the way the cushion my feet and I find them very comfortable. I also have a pair of Nike Air running shoes. I LOVE them. They are much lighter than an all-leather sneaker and they keep my feet cooler.

I think sneakers are like bras -- just gotta keep trying 'em on till you find the one that works for you, then stick with it!
  • I run, so I may have more shoe than you need, but I had to get the Brooks Infiniti - it was the only one with a narrow enough heel to keep my heel from slipping up and down with every step (the rest of my foot isn't narrow). It has support for pronation too.