3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Oh no-no...NO NEIL! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/153291-oh-no-no-no-neil.html)

EZMONEY 10-05-2008 09:20 AM

Oh no-no...NO NEIL!

The one and only GREAT Neil Diamond will be in town Tuesday. I have had tickets for months. I was so looking forward to going. I will not :( be able too now :( We have had the guys working overtime for a couple of months, some of them missing out on things they wanted to do for the good of the team. I can't really justify coming home early...150 miles from home....then going another 50 miles further from home for the concert.

Angie was able to sell the tickets on E-bay for 1/2 price so I am not out all the $$$$.

I saw Neil in concert for the first time in 1971 :carrot: Have seen him many times since but not for at least 10 years....I am so :( disappointed :(

I have to share my pain here....Angie is no comfort for me on this one....nope...

now if it was Bon Jovi or The Blasters it would be a different story.....

chickybird 10-05-2008 10:07 AM

Sorry EZ! I'm not a ND fan, but I do feel bad for you.... I hope you get to see him soon!

Kelleigh 10-05-2008 10:34 AM

I love him! I've never seen him, but think that would be awesome.

I have Sweet Caroline on a cd and my kids (11 & 8) love that song. You should hear us all...well..maybe not.;)

suetalks 10-05-2008 01:26 PM

I DO feel your pain. I have seen him in concert 3 times, but not for 15 years or so. Would be hard tickets for me to give up. Really sorry that you have to! :(

mxgirl737 10-05-2008 02:18 PM

I'm sorry... I can fully understand though...that's how I felt when I didn't get to see the backstreet boys in 9th grade. I cried for weeks. ...I finally saw them this summer though! It's weird... it seems like all my favorite bands/singers are coming all within a couple months... BSB, Ben Kweller, Bob Dylan, Conor Oberst (bright eyes)...I got to/am going to all those, but I had to miss out on Weezer, Beck, MGMT, Hanson... sad, I know!

GatorgalstuckinGA 10-05-2008 07:10 PM

i know how much you love neil. Sorry to hear you can't make it.

EZMONEY 10-05-2008 07:56 PM

Thanks Gals for all the sympathies :hug:

Come time for the concert on Tuesday night I will be 150 miles from home....where Angie will be....guess I will be a SOLITARY MAN! :(

Well....maybe not...my brother in law may be sharing my room this week...but he ain't no CRACKLIN' ROSIE....;)

Anyone seen my friend SHILO?

blondebritbrat17 10-05-2008 07:59 PM

I'm so sorry. Bummer.

Operator265 10-05-2008 09:56 PM

I wake up to Solitary Man every morning. Sorry for your loss EZ.:hug:

MonteCristo 10-06-2008 09:04 AM

That's devastating!! If I had Neil Diamond tickets, and then couldn't go, I think I would scream!! :tantrum: ;)