General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-06-2008, 07:14 PM   #16  

The horror of skinny and gorgeous friends! I know how you feel. My friends are gorgeous. Great hair, great shoes, great bodies. And like your roommate they do nothing for their bodies. Whats worse than the large amounts of food they can consume and not put on a pound is when they complain about being fat... All I can do at that moment is just stare in disbelief. If that wasn't all these girls are also fantastically intelligent. At times like this makes a person a little sad.

Now being a university student the swarm of beautiful skinny girls does not get any smaller. It seems everyone is skinny but me.

However thankfully I have a great boyfriend, who loves me as I am. He is gorgeous. I'm surprised he is with me. But then life turns its ugly head - I feel in love with an exchange student and now he is back home in the Netherlands while I am here in New Zealand

However I am looking at the bright side of life (sometimes). I can be skinny, I just need to be determined. And at the end of the day I have all I need: Love
Noodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:40 PM   #17  
Becoming better overall

S/C/G: 199/160/125

Height: 5' 3"

Oh man I felt like that all throughout high school. I had a bunch of skinny friends.. In high school I used to wish I had that, but once I started losing those feelings went away. I currently have a roommate who isn't just naturally thin, she has a very athletic build. When I saw her I thought she played a sport (I assumed basketball for her height and arms) but she told me she can't even run up the stairs without huffing and puffing from her asthma that kicks in when she runs. She's never played sports outside of school and she eats some of the worst, processed foods for you (tv dinners, top ramen, super-sweet kid cereal).
So while you could say that it's unfair that she could have those type of genes and not care, her metabolism will reverse when she's older. She's a great roommate but it's funny because I worked out today for an hour and she was shocked that anyone could commit to that. There's plenty of positives about working hard to achieve a goal rather than being born with it (kinda like, the children of rich parents vs. those at the bottom that have to work your way up).
And even then, I've always been in good health despite being overweight but I've known plenty of really thin girls with many health issues, so I'm thankful that I've only just been fat, it's something you can work at.
Honestly, a healthy journey into weight-loss is a great experience because it goes beyond the physical, you become more in tune with your body and really learn to take care of it.
It just goes to show when a thin person actually admires you for dedication to becoming healthier.
That was long, I hope I got what I was trying to say across..
Starrynight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 11:41 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 217/tick/160

Height: 5'5

There is so much I agree with that many of you have said. My best friend is 5'2 and about 120 but she is flabby. Her stomach is pretty flat in front but she has serious love handles and flabby thighs. Now I'm not saying I'm ANY better, but my body is firmer, she can't even use the weight machines at the gym WITHOUT any weight, they are still too heavy for her. I am glad to be healthier. Her Mom was just like her when she was young and now her Mom is a really big woman. It's likely that she will baloon up when all the crud she eats catches up with her. She says things to me like "Well, at least you're pretty" (as in, you're fat) but I don't care because to be honest she has a smaller body but she's not that pretty... I love her but her nose is really long and she has NO chin. She thinks she has to flaunt her body to get guys to look at her and she's also very shallow and goes around saying "At least I'm pretty!" when she does something dumb. She's no always like this but she has her moments.

Anyway, as many of you, I'd rather be doing this now than 10 years from now.
peachcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 12:50 PM   #19  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachcake View Post
There is so much I agree with that many of you have said. My best friend is 5'2 and about 120 but she is flabby. Her stomach is pretty flat in front but she has serious love handles and flabby thighs. Now I'm not saying I'm ANY better, but my body is firmer, she can't even use the weight machines at the gym WITHOUT any weight, they are still too heavy for her. I am glad to be healthier. Her Mom was just like her when she was young and now her Mom is a really big woman. It's likely that she will baloon up when all the crud she eats catches up with her. She says things to me like "Well, at least you're pretty" (as in, you're fat) but I don't care because to be honest she has a smaller body but she's not that pretty... I love her but her nose is really long and she has NO chin. She thinks she has to flaunt her body to get guys to look at her and she's also very shallow and goes around saying "At least I'm pretty!" when she does something dumb. She's no always like this but she has her moments.

Anyway, as many of you, I'd rather be doing this now than 10 years from now.
I hope your friend doesn't ever read this.

What horrible things to say about someone you consider your best friend.

ETA: I know me saying this comes off as really harsh. I just wonder if you say these types of things to your friend's face, and if not, why you would choose to publish them on a website. It seems there is a lot of bitterness and resentment...

Last edited by zeffryn; 10-07-2008 at 01:25 PM.
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 12:52 PM   #20  

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by burhenns View Post
I have a story, too! My mom is super skinny and really pretty. She gets looks wherever she goes. When I was in school (a long time ago), people used to say, "THAT's your mom?" As in, how'd she get such a fat daughter!

The older she gets, the more she has had to work on it, of course, but my point is this...

My mom has always been the "pretty, hot girl". Now she's in her mid/late 50's, and she's pretty much had every mid-life crisis there is (25 year old boyfriends, red sports car, plastic surgery). The woman does not know how to define herself, and no matter how good your genes, age happens. I actually feel sort of sorry for her, because she's never had to dig deeper to "find herself".

I personally think that we fat girls, when we are finally able to conquer this weight of ours, will find ourselves much more rounded as women and able to take a few gray hairs and wrinkles in stride, while the naturally thin beauties of this world will end up going to great lengths to keep what they got while we will be fulfilling ourselves in much deeper, more productive, and meaningful ways.
Just a thought!

Perfectly put burhenns!! I'm around the same age as your mom and know so many women just like her. Some of them are so sadly lost because they are experiencing their greatest fear - turning into what I used to be - and they have no clue how to tackle it. Quite honestly, some of them are actually starting envy me now because I'm not scared of a few wrinkles and I welcome every new gray hair. Granted, a year ago I was miserably depressed over my weight but after a zillion years of figuring out what didn't work, I finally hit on something that does. All my past experiences, frustrations, and disappointments have actually made me a stronger, more confident person and it shows. (oww, sprained my arm patting myself on the back )

So huggamouse, I know it's not going to sound like much consolation right now, but take a little motherly advice from the voice of experience - try not to waste your valuable time envying other people. Focus on being the best, healthiest person you can and I betcha, if you run into that *perfect* roommate in 30 years, she's going to be the one heading into her AARP years wondering what the **** happened; while you are the strong and confident one cooking the healthy meals for your family, taking continuing education classes, and having everyone flocking at your feet to hear your entertaining stories about all your experiences in life.
yoyonomoreinvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 04:57 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 217/tick/160

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeffryn View Post
I hope your friend doesn't ever read this.

What horrible things to say about someone you consider your best friend.

ETA: I know me saying this comes off as really harsh. I just wonder if you say these types of things to your friend's face, and if not, why you would choose to publish them on a website. It seems there is a lot of bitterness and resentment...

While I appreciate the psych evaluation, I really don't think it was necessary. My relationship with her is my own and I was pointing out how she see's herself as opposed to how other people see her. But thanks.
peachcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 06:19 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 259/224/148

I was always the "fat" girl out of all of my friends. I was far from fat but next to my STICK thin friends I looked like a cow. My cousin was one of the girls I used to hang out with in highschool she is only 6 months younger than me. She is so skinny a strong wind could blow her over. She is pg with her 1st child and due like any minute has gained a total of 50lbs and you see her and are like WHERE? How is that fair lol, most people who gain 50lbs you can sooo tell, nope not her. Is it ok to hate your own cousin HAHA.
Nichole28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 08:13 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

i do wish more people on this website would stop downgrading themselves by calling them selves fat or cow or pig...etc. Accept your curves. Love life and all it has given you. That negative view point of yourself does nothing to help you. Start learning to love yourself...curves and all. Find at least one thing a day you love about yourself. Stop looking at others and wanting to be like them. Skinny people can be just as miserable as an overwt person. If you can't start loving yourself..not matter what weight..you will never be happy. Being thin will never change things if you don't start learning to love things about yourself. So please, stop calling yourself bad names and start learning to embrace life and not worry so much about weight issues. Yes i think everyone should be trying to be healthier but don't get yourself so stressed about every little pound that your life is consumed by it. Start finding the good things about you and you'll be amazed at what life will bring you.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 08:20 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 227.4/227.4/150

Height: 5'1"

Default Peachcake-

Attagirl!!
futuresize6 is offline   Reply With Quote