3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   For the love of body modification :) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/152891-love-body-modification.html)

Fat Melanie 10-01-2008 12:07 AM

Oh, I didn't see the pic of the written word tatts on your arms and the pic in the dress! Adorable! Now THAT'S the writing I expected for my tattoo, but it turned out really crappy instead.

I guess you've gotta pick your tattoo artist wisely.

It'd be so cool if Kat Von D lived here. I would go to her for tattoos.

LindseyLouWho 10-01-2008 12:10 AM

Melanie, if you live anywhere near Hendersonville, NC then you should check out Empire Tattoo. They have a location in Asheville as well, I believe, but I can't vouch for them. My friend works there as a piercer and got her tattoos done by her coworkers and they're all beautiful.

WormwoodDoll 10-01-2008 12:16 AM

Fat Melanie ~ Yes. Choosing a tattoo artist is very tricky. I am being so panicky with my next piece. My lettering consisted of 2 different fonts: The I was 'the king and queen' font I downloaded off some website and the rest was lucida gothic?? off my boyfriend's iMac. I wanted it on one arm, but because it was lengthy, the artist said it'd be best to place it on both, so the letters won't bleed as I age.

I was very happy with the results.

Fat Melanie 10-01-2008 12:17 AM

I've never been to Hendersonville but I know where it's at, and definitely would take a road trip to get a really fantastic tattoo. Thanks for the recommendation! It sounds great. :D

Fat Melanie 10-01-2008 12:19 AM

You should be, it was a really cool idea getting it like that. I'm now inspired and considering getting song lyrics on my two arms like that. It'd be bad-@ss!

WormwoodDoll 10-01-2008 12:24 AM

Haha. I was going to get it on my ankle/foot but my boyfriend thought of the arm idea. He said Eminem did it, and it looked neat. But mine's so much better. :P And I was able to have the nice, bulky font, instead of some thin, cursive type.

And the lyrics have great meaning to me. A lot of people ask what "I lose myself and dream of worlds that lie between your fingers" means: To me it means that your own life isn't in your hands. It revolves around the actions and decisions of those around you, that effect your choices and the things you do in life. So, in a way, when you think about the life you could have, it's the life that is lingering between someone else's fingers.

lizziep 10-01-2008 12:31 AM

i have two tattoos, lizard on my angle and a tribal moon/star thing on my shoulder. Both have meaning to me. I also have 8 gauge holes on my ears - they mean i want to wear awesome stone and bone earrings! :)
i have plans for two more- one next year when i hit my 10 years drug free mark. and another in a couple years in memory of my grandmother who will have been gone 20 years. beyond that i think i'd like to get one if/when i ever meet my weight loss goals.

WormwoodDoll 10-01-2008 12:43 AM

Congratulations on almost 10 years of being drug free! That's an accomplishment in itself! :bravo:

I love tattoos. I have 3 planned as of right now. My dryad & tree sage that I posted here, and a rune piece with ivy leaves that will go on my right leg, kind of flowing all the way up. I want the runes etched into the leaves. I have a specific way I want this done. But it will look gorgeous. I got the inspiration from another woman's tattoo and I fell in love with it.

I will defiantly got a tattoo after I lose the weight and hit a year of maintenance.

tamaralynn 10-01-2008 08:16 AM

I have two tattoos - the first one I got in 05, it is a butterfly on my right shoulder - it signifies that I no longer have to live with the abuse from my parents :)

My second tattoo I got this August when I was in Maui. I'd been thinking of a tattoo for quite a while, and knew I wanted one in Maui. So I got a Hibuscus flower with "Aloha Maui" under it. It's finally fully healed. I don't know if we'll ever be able to go back - and If I had to choose a place other than where I'm living now, I'd totally move there. Maui is now my 1st location love :)

KateRN 10-01-2008 01:55 PM

i have 17 tattoos - my chest piece, back piece and left sleeve are big ones and i only count them as 1 each. far too many to get into what they - some of them have personal meaning, some of them are just fun!

i also have 7 piercings. i had 8 but i just took my tongue ring out because after almost 10 years it was wearing down my gums on the bottom of my jaw.

tjnorth 10-02-2008 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WormwoodDoll (Post 2388056)
Throw it into casual conversation, hehe. That should spice things up a bit. :devil:

Yep, it sure did....lol...especially since he is out of town and I won't see him until next week.

CyndiM 10-02-2008 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WormwoodDoll (Post 2388065)
And that’s crazy about your mom! Go mom!

I have two - one on the back of my left shoulder that I designed and waited for years to get. It's a purple crescent moon with a woman's symbol hanging from the top. The second one is a great blue heron on the inside of my right shoulder. The artist is very talented and designed the piece from one of my partner's photos.

And my first tattoo was a 40th birthday gift ;)

FrouFrou 10-03-2008 02:34 PM

Wormwooddoll...cool pics!

I have three tats and they do mean something to me. One on my left ankle, one on my right arm at the shoulder and one on my right thigh in the front just for my viewing, lol. I plan on having at least three more done over the years.

Lunula 10-03-2008 07:02 PM

I like the tattoo, it's very pretty!

I have 7 earrings ~ nothing crazy. Used to have my nose pierced when I lived overseas.

I have one tattoo on my ankle. It's an animal-like figure that I had designed when I was in college. I found some artwork from the Viking age, specifically from Viking ships and had an art student draw a design from it. The figures I chose were signs of strength, power and everlasting life.

I'm a quarter Norwegian (and 1/8 Irish) - so the Viking/Celtic-looking design meant something to me.

But NO ONE knows what it is and they look at me like I'm speaking Chinese when I try to explain it. So I just say it's a Celtic tattoo, LOL.

SunshineCA 10-03-2008 07:11 PM

What a cool reward! :)

I currently have 3 tattoos:

*Purple roses on my breast
*An elaborate sun (yellow, orange, red, etc.) on my back below my neck with a faint crescent moon in the center
*A Leo Symbol on my ankle

I plan to get a butterfly on my foot or somewhere near there. ;) I also am looking into some kind of chain on my lower back.