3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Thread Killer - The Withdrawal, Pain and Anxiety (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/152002-thread-killer-withdrawal-pain-anxiety.html)

Slashnl 09-25-2008 08:27 AM

Webrover: You don't miss those belts? (Sorry to say that I'm old enough to remember that, too.)

As for the air conditioning, I have told my kids how it used to be that there wasn't air conditioning in the car, you just rolled down the windows. I used to spend summers in Nebraska (translation: hot & humid) and only my aunt's house had air conditioning. The rest had window fans. Like those helped!!! But we survived. I couldn't survive it now... I'm a sissy now!!

bargoo 09-25-2008 09:05 AM

I was born and raised in Minnesota. Hot and humid summers and cold, cold winters, guess that is why I live in California, now.

Operator265 09-25-2008 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WebRover (Post 2378552)
And I'm old enough to appreciate the adhesive strips on feminine supplies.

I second that, even on the rare occasion that a hair gets caught in the goo.:fr:

I also remember learning while in Girl Scouts that Native Americans used certain types of moss for diapering babies and the women used them at TOM. Ew!

So, who do we owe more to for the "Women's Movement", the pill or the tampon/pad?

twilit tera 09-25-2008 01:58 PM

Wow! I step away for a couple days and the thread goes to s**t! Literally!

:lol:

VOTES FOR WOMEN!

ladybugnessa 09-25-2008 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Operator265 (Post 2378669)
I second that, even on the rare occasion that a hair gets caught in the goo.:fr:

I remember belts.

as for hair in the goo

Brazillian :devil:

twilit tera 09-25-2008 02:28 PM

I'm just glad that all that messy woman stuff is behind me. Seriously!

Lovely 09-25-2008 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladybugnessa (Post 2379307)
I remember belts.

as for hair in the goo

Brazillian :devil:

:lol:

Naw... au natural is the way ;)

PhotoChick 09-25-2008 02:59 PM

Quote:

as for hair in the goo

Brazillian
Nessa beat me to it! :D

WebRover 09-25-2008 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slashnl (Post 2378589)

As for the air conditioning, I have told my kids how it used to be that there wasn't air conditioning in the car, you just rolled down the windows.

Aaaah - Florida in the summer, vinyl car seats, shorts ZZZssssZZZZ (however you make the sound of flesh sizzling!!) I remember it well.

Also - as a kid, living in Florida and only running the A/C at night on the hottest nights. We were busy playing and didn't notice the heat. I attended high school in Florida without A/C. Now that I'm acclimated to A/C, I'm sure I couldn't take it any more.

Operator265 09-25-2008 10:57 PM

Have y'all seen those round hair brushes that have the bristles that retract. I wish they made those for vacuum cleaner rollers. It would make my life a lot easier.

Slashnl 09-26-2008 08:42 AM

Operator: You should tell that guy at Dyson... he might be the one that could make those brushes work for vacuums!! That's a good idea.

Lovely 09-26-2008 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Operator265 (Post 2380156)
Have y'all seen those round hair brushes that have the bristles that retract. I wish they made those for vacuum cleaner rollers. It would make my life a lot easier.

Would be nice. I hate having to sit there with scissors and cut away hair & fuzz.

ladybugnessa 09-26-2008 09:03 AM

Morning guys.... I love hot weather... but it's because i love air conditioning in the house!

Operator265 09-26-2008 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faerie (Post 2380588)
Would be nice. I hate having to sit there with scissors and cut away hair & fuzz.

I hate getting the icky on my hands. I mean it is a pain cutting, tugging, spinning and cutting over and over again. But, for Pete's sake, I can't stand the knowing that I'm now tugging at what my feet and dog's butt has been on. It wouldn't be so bad if I could just retract the bristles and roll it off.

Oops, I gotta get to Walgreen's for some more latex gloves(surgical type). I'm glad those are easy to get now instead of hunting them down at a medical supply store. I even like them when washing dishes rather than the big 'ol gloves.

Fat Melanie 09-27-2008 12:14 AM

Okay, so, who was the Threadkiller last time? I dropped out after awhile because I forgot about the thread, :doh:.

Not this time though. :p