Thread Killer - The Withdrawal, Pain and Anxiety

You're on Page 10 of 35
Go to
  • I couldn't wait for them all in order. I'm reading Billy Straight right now. The very first Alex Delaware ones are coming from Amazon soon.
  • I regret having to admit being unfamiliar with Kellerman. I can see from his website that he's very prolific, unfortunately his genre doesn't seem to be my "thing." Detective stories are just not "weird" enough for me, as my mom would put it.

OTOH, I bet she's read a bunch of these.
  • Oops, I guess I exposed myself as a former Hippie Chick.
  • Quote: Oops, I guess I exposed myself as a former Hippie Chick.
    In that case, you should check this out, man! http://www.archinode.com/bienal.html

It's really groovy! I'm totally diggin' it! Totally mind-blowing, man!
  • I like that tree house. But they never tell you how long it takes to grow, or if one has actually been grown. Most of the pics look like mock-ups. It's a very interesting idea though.
  • At the moment it's just a design concept and since the design works with a variety of local trees, the time it takes to grow one would depend on the tree you chose for "construction." Rainforests would be an ideal place to grow them because of the number of quickly growing tree families available. Temperate regions usually have slower growing trees, so they could take "decades" according to the website.

I don't think one has actually been grown yet. I hope I get info about it when they do, though.
  • Fearful of going to sleep 1 kid headache & vomiting, 2nd kid vomited and 3rd has runs. Illness season has arrived. Hopefully they get it done and over with so anti bodies have them covered for the winter! Hate going to bed to be woken suddenly by gagging and need to change bed sheets. Yuck!
  • Quote: I just started going through my JK books in order.
    I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one who does this. My friends think I'm crazy when I find a new author and want to read their books in the order they either were written or the order the stories occur (not always the same).

I got so confused with Patricia Cornwell's Kay Scarpetta series because I read them all out of order.
  • Quote: I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one who does this. My friends think I'm crazy when I find a new author and want to read their books in the order they either were written or the order the stories occur (not always the same).

I got so confused with Patricia Cornwell's Kay Scarpetta series because I read them all out of order.
    I love to read books in the order they were written.

I can almost see the writing evolve.
  • I stopped reading Scarpetta until I had them in order. I did that with Carol OConnell's Mallory too... and A for Alibi ... who was that?

I think it's Tera's birthday.
  • I think the alphabet series is Sue Grafton.
  • Quote:
    I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one who does this. My friends think I'm crazy when I find a new author and want to read their books in the order they either were written or the order the stories occur (not always the same).
    Oh totally. See, I love series with character development. A series where the character doesn't grow and change isnt' nearly as interesting. And when you have a series where the characters grow, then you HAVE to read them in order or you miss out on their "life story" so to speak.

I have a stash of paperback books for the series I love and I know I'll reread. My favorites are:

Jonathan Kellerman - main character Alex Delaware
    Robert B. Parker - main character Spenser
    John Sandford - main character Lucas Davenport
    Sue Grafton - main character Kinsey Milhone
    Marcia Muller - main character Sharon McCone
    Sara Paretsky - main character V.I. Warshawski
    John D. McDonald - main character Travis McGee
    Nevada Barr - main character Anna Pigeon
    Dennis Lehane - main characters Patrick Kenzie & Angie Gennaro
    Patricia Cornwall - main character Kay Scarpetta (although I'm not fond of her latest ones)

I know there are more, but I'm at my office and don't have my bookshelf right in front of me. (And yes, I do have all my paperbacks alphabetized by author and in order. I even built special paperback sized shelves that fit in my closet to keep them organized. I'm a geek. I know.)

• Quote: I stopped reading Scarpetta until I had them in order. I did that with Carol OConnell's Mallory too... and A for Alibi ... who was that?

I think it's Tera's birthday.
    You're right!
  • And don't forget Janet Evanovich
    Her books include numbers such as "One For the Money"
    Main character Stefanie Plum
  • See, you talk about books and I get a little crazy. I used to be such a good reader! But, I'm just swamped trying to keep up with my kids and their activities, work, and house stuff. Someday, I'll get back to reading real books.

Right now, I'm doing good with magazines and the headlines in the newspaper..... I'm pathetic!