General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-01-2008, 06:02 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

I LOVVVVVVVE# my dyson. I bought the yellow one...not the animal specific one. I have 3 critters and i feel like the dyson is GREAT. It kicks butt getting all the hair up. And i dont' find you have to do anything other than dump the hair and dust in the garbage...it takes only a few moments. I live by my dyson wouldn't know how to get all the hair without it.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 06:31 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

The best thing for allergies is hard wood floors, but if you have carpet already there's not much to about that.

We have an upright hoover with a really awesome pet hair attachment. We only use it to clean off the non-leather furniture though, since we have hard wood floors. I must admit that I do sometimes use it instead of sweeping when I'm in a hurry (it has a bare floor setting.) It works just fine, but if we had carpet I'd want a Dyson. Everyone I know who has one loves it.

Last edited by zenor77; 09-01-2008 at 06:31 PM.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 07:40 PM   #18  
carinna

I really really want a Dyson, but I can't afford one.
carinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 06:16 PM   #19  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

I just got the lastest issue of Consumer Reports today and they happen to have their vacuum reviews in it.

Here are their best buys (the top three):
Kenmore Progressive 35922 $350 (bagged)
Kenmore Progressive 36932 $350 (bagless)
Eureka Boss Smart Vac 4870 $150 (bagged)

The Dyson DC17 Animal ranked # 9 $550
Dyson DC14 Complete was #17 $440

There aren't any Kirby's listed.. Are they out of business???
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 09:11 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

For those looking for a good deal on Dysons... we got ours on Overstock.com. It was a refurbished one, and we got a great price. We have been thrilled with it and haven't had a bit of trouble with it -ever.
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 09:27 PM   #21  
Determined to lose!

When I had to buy a new vacuum about two years ago I did a lot of research. All the raves about the Eureka Boss brought me to purchase it. I buy everything like this from Amazon as th ey offer free shipping and are cheaper than sears on this model!

Some of the issues mentioned on Amazons reviews are true, the knobs are hard to turn, and to turn it on is a pain, AT FIRST! After a few months I notice the nobs turn quite easily...

Now for the kicker....

This thing is so powerful that when My son first used it he complained... "What lazy people! A self propelled vacuum??" I had to tell him it's NOT self propelled.. the suction is so great it feels like it is self propelled.

And I purchased it for hundreds less than the dyson!

OH, and it has a hepa filter which is great for pet hair!
Loriann7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 10:09 PM   #22  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

OK, I retired my Kirby (too heavy and hard to use the attachments) for a Dyson. Like Meg, I have the original "yellow" one. I love it! Three cats and two long-haired dogs along the way - it is amazing on pet fur! It is a cinch to clean - even if you need to clean the roller brush, and the attachments are quick and easy to use.

When it dies, I will buy the purple-pet one. I think Amazon is having a sale on the refurb soon.
Here is the link - and it will be $199 starting the 15th (thru the 16th I think)
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 10:04 AM   #23  

Default Love my dyson

Have to agree with all the posts about Dyson. I have had my Dyson (Animal) for about 4 years. We love it!!! We have 5 teenagers and in the past we would need a new cleaner about every 12-18 months. We never have any problems with the dyson. I will buy each kid a dyson when they marry. I highly recommend Dyson.
MarisaKaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 01:03 PM   #24  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelie View Post
My MIL has a kenmore canister vac and she loves it. She has 2 dogs, 2 cats.
I have a Kenmore canister as well, and have 3 cats. I LOVE my vaccuum. I hate using uprights on hardwood floors, and I have all hardwoods and vinyl in my house. It also comes with an attachment that I use to clean the sofa, etc of all the cat fur that works WONDERS.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote