General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-27-2008, 10:03 PM   #1  

Height: 5'9"

Exclamation Men vs. Stretch Marks

So, I have quite a few stretch marks on my stomach... No man has ever said anything negitive about them, and believe me, if one ever had the courage to, I'd tell him where to go and how to get there. Has anyone ever received negative feedback from men they were with about stretch marks? I'm not going to lie, they make me a tad bit uncomfortable. I think most men don't care about them, but I'm sure theres a few out there who do.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 11:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

After my ex and I would finish "doing the deed" he would tell me how gross my stomach looked because it was saggy/had stretch marks. He is most definately an EX for a reason.
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 11:22 PM   #3  

WOW - Can you say RUDE??

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelypurple View Post
After my ex and I would finish "doing the deed" he would tell me how gross my stomach looked because it was saggy/had stretch marks. He is most definately an EX for a reason.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 11:29 PM   #4  
Becoming better overall

S/C/G: 199/160/125

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
What a jerk!!
I'm actually REALLY thankful for my guy b/c he's always made me feel beautiful, stretch marks and all. Of course, aesthetically speaking, who would want stretch marks? But if I ever feel self-conscious about them he'll actually kiss all those areas and make me feel silly for feeling bad about them, especially around him!
Starrynight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 12:40 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

My husband is wonderful about my stretch marks and all, he knows that I'm insecure about them and he makes me feel beautiful no matter what. He knows my ex and knows everything that I went through with him and he would NEVER treat me that way, ever.
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 12:47 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
I'm sure theres a few out there who do.
I'm sure there are .. just like there are men who care about whether or not you have big or little boobs or whether or not you have blonde or brown hair or men who care whether you shave or wax or not.

But really ... ultimately? Who cares! If a man can't accept me for who I am (and that includes my stretch marks and the loose skin I have as I"m losing weight and so forth) then he's not the man for me.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 02:38 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 272/249/169

And ladies, trust me -- the older you get, and the older the men you date/hook up with/love/marry get, the less stuff like that matters -- to either one of you.
Oldilocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 09:34 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
the older you get, and the older the men you date/hook up with/love/marry get, the less stuff like that matters -
Uh huh. I'm 40. The guy I'm with is 44 and used to weigh over 360. He lost 180 lbs about 10 years ago. I guarantee he has more stretch marks than I do.

He also just had major abdominal surgery - and so has a huge scar down the length of his tummy.

It matters about as much to me as my stretch marks and scars do to him.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 09:51 AM   #9  
Here I go again

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/135

Thumbs up

Quote:
My husband is wonderful about my stretch marks and all, he knows that I'm insecure about them and he makes me feel beautiful no matter what. He knows my ex and knows everything that I went through with him and he would NEVER treat me that way, ever.
I'm with you on this one. My fiance has never said a thing about mine,when we first started going out I would be very self conscious, I am still kinda self-conscious about them and we've been together 7yrs! He tells me I'm perfect just the way I am and wouldn't change me.....LOVE HIM !!!!!!! That's one of the million reasons I'm marrying him.
BoopRN is offline   Reply With Quote