General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-24-2008, 01:07 PM   #16  

S/C/G: size 26/size 16/size 12

Height: 5'9"

Oh, I'll never actually do it (the visine in the the water thing). I'm really not a vengeful person, but it is fun to think about. I'll just put the water in the car, and the kids and I will take regular water trips. And to Webrover- I honestly think I would get laughed at if I called the police. When I lived in New Orleans we referred to NOPD as "Not Our Problem, Dude." The police here have the same I-don't-give-a-hoot attitude.
150reasons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 05:28 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 307.2/249.4/150.0

Height: 5 feet 4

Ok, so the message is got about the real as opposed to hypothetical dangers of spiking water with Visine. One other thought comes to mind though: what guarantee is there that the intended target, i.e., stupid stranger kid, is going to be the one who picks up the tainted bottle? The owner or someone in her/his party might just grab it first!

Last edited by ANOther; 08-24-2008 at 05:29 PM.
ANOther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 06:24 PM   #18  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

Ummm I'm from NO East and have to really object to the NOPD statement....my stepdad was a dedicated officer with them for over 25 years, while some of them might have that attitude not all do I know you didn't mean all of them but generalization is a bad thing ya know?

As for the water, have you considered getting a camel pack for when you run? You could have hiding places or something for your kids water while they play. If you do the revenge route just know that they'd probably retaliate.
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 07:02 PM   #19  

Romance Diva, I'm sorry if I offended you. My experience with NOPD is this: I lived in the Bywater just upriver of the industrial canal. I experienced a home invasion robbery. Fortunately, neither I nor my boyfriend at the time was hurt. We called the police after the robber left. They showed up 45 minutes later, and after we told them what happened and what was stolen one of them looked at me and said, "What do you expect us to do about it?" I SHRIEKED at him, "I expect you to go look for the criminal who invaded my home!" The two officers then proceeded to smoke cigarettes by my front door and shoot the breeze for another 20 minutes. Then they got in their car and left. Now, logically I understand that there really wasn't much they could do and that it was unlikely they would ever catch him (especially after taking 45 minutes to show up) but to show up and make it a point to do nothing, that's inexcusable. I'm sure your stepdad was not like either of these officers, but of the ones I dealt with over the years, there were definitely more "Not our problem, dudes" than "to protect and to serves."

And as previously stated, I have no real intention of retaliation (hmmm, why was no one concerned about the nuclear warhead I said I was going to set off?) and I will leave my water in the car where my kids and I can get it when we want it.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:04 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 307.2/249.4/150.0

Height: 5 feet 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 150reasons View Post
And as previously stated, I have no real intention of retaliation (hmmm, why was no one concerned about the nuclear warhead I said I was going to set off?) and I will leave my water in the car where my kids and I can get it when we want it.
We dig ya. I was just expressing a thought that popped into mind
ANOther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 01:12 PM   #21  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

I was thinking about a Camelback water backpack also.
That way your water's always with you.
You can also put ice in it and keep it nice and cold.
Great for cycling too.
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 10:45 PM   #22  

Default I was apologized to!!

Today I went to the park for the usual, and one out of the group of boys apologized to me for the behavior of his peers. Apparently they were sitting across the park nyucking it up about how peeved I was about the stolen water ( I caught snippets of the convo) and this boy walked right up to me and said he was sorry for their behavior and that it shamed him that some of his friends did not know how to act. I was thoroughly impressed, and have some hope for this group of kids
Old 08-26-2008, 11:13 PM   #23  
KLK
Karen: La Cicciona

S/C/G: Sz 24-26 / Sz 12-14 / Sz 6-8

Height: 5' 4"

Wow. Now I bet you're glad you listened to us and didn't spike their water after all (like we warned you NOT to!) ..

But really, that is great! It's good to hear some kids can escape the friend group and do what's right!

Quote:
Today I went to the park for the usual, and one out of the group of boys apologized to me for the behavior of his peers. Apparently they were sitting across the park nyucking it up about how peeved I was about the stolen water ( I caught snippets of the convo) and this boy walked right up to me and said he was sorry for their behavior and that it shamed him that some of his friends did not know how to act. I was thoroughly impressed, and have some hope for this group of kids
KLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 07:26 AM   #24  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:

Wow. What a stand-up person that boy is!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote