General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-21-2008, 12:04 PM   #1  
My cat is fat too.

S/C/G: 155/150/125

Height: 5'6''

Default Something annoying-just need to vent.

So, I don't know how many people are familiar with Pittsburgh, but I live in Mt. Washington, which is the neighborhood that overlooks the city. I've lived in several Pittsburgh neighborhoods since I moved here in 2002 from Ohio, and Mt. Washington is my favorite. It's not the richest, but it's not the grossest worst neighborhood either. So anyway, I really enjoy walking my dog around the neighborhood for exercise and she enjoys it too. Well, for some reason, these sidewalks are littered with crap. Our house is really close to our street and people are always walking by and leaving like empty soda cans and chip bags and crap in our tiny little yard. And it makes me really angry. Well, this morning my dog and I walked 2 and a half miles and five times (FIVE TIMES!!!) I had to pick her up because there were broken beer bottles on the side walk. This makes no sense to me. Once I passed three half full Miller Lights just sitting on the sidewalk. What are people doing? Sitting on the sidewalk at night getting drunk? I don't get it. I should be able to walk around without worrying about my dog getting glass in her feet. Other neighborhoods I've lived in haven't been like this. I mean, there was the occasional litter, but not FIVE BROKEN BEER BOTTLES in 2 miles. Grrrrrr!!!!
DaraMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 12:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I read your post and then glanced at your Avatar, I couldn't help but wonder what are you drinking ?
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 12:18 PM   #3  
My cat is fat too.

Beer. But in a bar. Not on the sidewalk.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:18 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/238.5/170

Height: 5'5"

Umm... I'll bet it wasn't Miller Light's in those bottles. :-) Men have a unique ability to be able to fill a bottle up again after they're done drinking...
CopperTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 12:19 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaraMarie View Post
What are people doing? Sitting on the sidewalk at night getting drunk?
Yup. Classy. Sucks.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 12:21 PM   #6  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
I read your post and then glanced at your Avatar, I couldn't help but wonder what are you drinking ?
Was that meant to be sarcastic? It didn't seem like a very nice reply to someone who admitted they were just venting, and about a legitimate concern.
elisa822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 12:23 PM   #7  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

That sucks, there is some abandoned industry buildings behind my house and there are a few broken bottles there too, can't they just litter, do they have to BREAK the bottle too!!??!?!?! I am about to take my little doggy for a walk and can't go by that side because of all the glass.
vixjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 12:23 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

Sorry about your doggy--that stinks. And I think there's a difference between drinking a beer in a bar and getting drunk on the sidewalk. I don't even drink and I feel that way.
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 12:23 PM   #9  
prepare for the BEST time

and Dara is venting about broken glass, litter on her sidewalk and her dog walking through it...in her picture she's taking a drink....apples and oranges?
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 12:35 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

I agree. Nothing wrong with her avatar. It's not like it's a picture of her doing belly shots or something. Haven't we all seen the threads by people who enjoy an occasional drink and still lose weight?
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 12:42 PM   #11  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Man, Dara that is rough. I too think littering is classless and (literally) trashy. I've lived in so many areas where broken glass, condom wrappers and even hypodermics could be found.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickybird View Post
It's not like it's a picture of her doing belly shots or something.
Even if it was, that would be her choice and would be just fine as long as she is of drinking age.

Dara, I just want to know if it was a good IPA or other nice beer, 'cause it looks good!
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 12:47 PM   #12  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

I live in a decent neighborhood...same one for 29 years. Angie and I always have to pay attention, walking our dogs down one of the busier streets, it seems once or twice a week someone has sailed a bottle out the car window onto the sidewalks. JERKS!

There are a lot of people in my area walking their dogs too....and a lot of "crap" on the sidewalk and yards! We bag every "poop"...there are containers about a mile apart where you can dump the stuff...no way the coyotes are leaving all the poop we come across. JERKS!

I too felt this thread was started about broken bottles and litter....not drinking alcohol.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 01:09 PM   #13  
My cat is fat too.

The picture is a few years old and I chose it because it's the only picture of myself where my head doesn't look like a big fat balloon. Hahaha. And yes, I do go bars a few times and month and drink. And I have every right to do that. But I don't have the right to leave my emptys on the sidewalk. And it's not like I'm an alcoholic or something....but whatever. My main concern was my doggie's little piggies getting cut.

And it's probably Rolling Rock I'm drinking. It's my fav.

I grew up in household where I was taught to respect the earth and other's and their property, public and private. That is why I just can't fathom how people selfishly leave broken glass around because they are too lazy to walk to a trashcan. Seriously. Idiots.

Oh well, I'm just going to continue to live and let live.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:14 PM   #14  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

I live in the city and am constantly pulling stuff out of my dog's paws. Not only that, but the lawns and grass areas are never maintained so I have to watch him when he goes into the "shrubbery", hoping he doesn't step on something in there.

Gary, I don't understand why people can't just pick up the poo. I also LOVE the people in my building who own smaller dogs (as in, smaller than a German Shepard) and think that the dog poop doesn't count because their dog is under 50 pounds. It's still poo, and it still drains into the water supply!

I always carry an extra bag and when I see one the guily parties I offer it to them. They're learning
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 01:17 PM   #15  
I heart 3FC

S/C/G: 210/197/135

Height: 5'2" Age: 28

In my college apartment, I had neighbors who would get drunk and throw their bottles out the window into the street just before a car would drive past in an attempt to pop their tires. It was utterly obnoxious, but I think I would be even angrier if somebody's litter hurt my dog.
just keep swimming is offline   Reply With Quote