General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-27-2008, 05:02 PM   #46  

Height: 5'9"

I hate shaving... I always cut myself and left nasty scars on my body.. So a few weeks ago I broke down and bought an Epilator.. Best decision I've made in a long time. It cost about $85 from Walmart, but totally worth every penny. A lot of women can't handle the pain, however, I doesn't really bother me at all. I do my entire body, including my armpits. Armpits hurt the worst, but nothing you can't handle.
I definitley recommend the epilator!
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 07:17 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 190/178/120

Height: 5'5"

Ok, I haven't had the armpit fungal infection, but back when I was in high school I got a Staff infection from cutting myself shaving! Thankfully I didn't have to go to the hospital or anything and didn't get a blood infection. How fun would it be to tell the doctors there...yeah, apparently I'm inept at shaving.

Love your comment about your undies...very funny. Dare you to!

You could always take a vacation to Albania for the time you aren't allowed to shave and wear deodorant. I worked at an orphanage there...don't think a single person there that I met had heard the word deodorant and certainly didn't shave!
CaffeineIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 07:34 PM   #48  

I understand not wanting to do the MRI now, but...

We hit our deductible long ago this year. I've been having EEG's, MRI's, and all sorts of things. We still had to pay $750 per test, and that meant we had to pay out almost $3000.00. The hospitals DO let you do payment plans.

I personally would be VERY nervous going to an OB/GYN who said that it could be just fine to have a c-sect before you go full term. For one thing, unless you are tracking when you ovulate (try "taking charge of your fertility" which is a helpful book) you can be a week earlier than the doctors assume you are. Ie., I had my first when he was 37 weeks, not 38 like they automatically thought he was. Having the baby pre-term no matter how big and healthy they are sets them up for lung problems at the very least. Doctors are supposed to try to keep the baby in there as long as possible really (well, not letting you go too long over of course)...that gives the baby the best chance.

Bed rest is a pain and a half (had to do it 2 months with my first and 1 with my second for unexplained HEAVY bleeding around the beginning of the 2nd trimester) but as a teacher you might be able to try and schedule things so the end of your term is right at the beginning of summer. I know, scheduling a baby can be hard...but it is possible for many women, though not those with fertility issues. That would give you the possibility for some bedrest during the summer, and some baby time as well.

Oh, and big healthy babies...my mom had a friend who had 3 kids. The first two were girls, 10+ pounds each. The third was a boy. She'd had no problem with her first 2 deliveries so her husband told her she had to have the third at home to save money. Well, he was too big to fit...her belly button started effacing. They rushed her to the hospital for and emergency section. The "little" guy was 13 pounds 12 ounces. Looked like a toddler almost. My almost 5 year old is still only 35 pounds!
Old 08-27-2008, 08:37 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

I plan on doing an MRI later thi syear, when I have time to save for it--plus it will be more accurate than doing one now, then waiting a year to conceive.
Dear God, a 13 pound baby?!?! Was he actually born, or did he crawl out of her??? I'm wanting to cross my legs just thinking about it, lol!
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:58 PM   #50  

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickybird View Post
Dear God, a 13 pound baby?!?! Was he actually born, or did he crawl out of her??? I'm wanting to cross my legs just thinking about it, lol!

Oh, and the worst thing...she was only 5'2". Her husband was something like 6'4". It isn't any wonder he was trying to come straight out her bellybutton when he realized he couldn't fit the normal route. Thank goodness the midwives noticed her bellybutton effacing or they'd both have died.
Old 08-28-2008, 01:11 AM   #51  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Chickybird,

STOP WORRYING!! :d I have a really good feeling that the reason why you've went up in weight is just mere MUSCLE weight, not fat gain. You've been working out a lot and thus, gaining muscle to replace the fat. This will make you look thinner even if the scale shows a higher number, and in the end you WILL weigh loss because muscle burns more calories than fat!

Last edited by Fat Melanie; 08-28-2008 at 01:13 AM.
Fat Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 02:03 AM   #52  
Fifty by Fifty!

S/C/G: 270.5/232.0/170

Height: 5'8

If it makes you feel any better, I managed to get cellulitis in my leg. It turned bright red, swelled up so that my toes nearly disappeared, meant two weeks carrying an antibiotic pump around and going to hospital every day where people stared at my big red throbbing leg. THEN the skin all started to peel off..YUCK...I do hope your armpits get better though.

I was hoping it was a thread about ugly armpits LOL I hate mine..I have POUFY armpits..even my armpits are fat....I want concave ones, not ones that flow over my bra! YUCK again YUCK (do they ever have to do lipo on pits)

AND what is the RIGHT way to shave your pits...omg something else I have done wrong all my darmned life? GEESH!
mollymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 04:51 PM   #53  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Ewwww mollymom! That sounds horrific! I'm sorry to hear about what happened to you, that HAD to suck. I hope everything is okay now?

Yeah I thought this was a thread about ugly armpits too. I got stretchmarks on mine while I expanded everywhere during pregnancy.
Fat Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 07:24 PM   #54  

At first, it was about my ugly armpits, lol! My armpits are much improved, thank goodness! I still have itchy skin, even when I only shave once every 2 weeks, and the "right" way. I think I'll ask my Dr. if something like nair or veet for underarms would be better for me. An epilator sounds like something to try when I have a little more petty cash, you know what I mean? It does sound good though. I could dealwith the pain, as long as I know there's not insane itching for a week after, which is what happens when I shave now.
Boy, what a weird thread!
Old 08-28-2008, 07:26 PM   #55  

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickybird View Post
At first, it was about my ugly armpits, lol! My armpits are much improved, thank goodness! I still have itchy skin, even when I only shave once every 2 weeks, and the "right" way. I think I'll ask my Dr. if something like nair or veet for underarms would be better for me. An epilator sounds like something to try when I have a little more petty cash, you know what I mean? It does sound good though. I could dealwith the pain, as long as I know there's not insane itching for a week after, which is what happens when I shave now.
Boy, what a weird thread!
Yeah it's a little exspensive, but definitley worth every single penny. When I would shave I'd get horrible razor burn, and cuts... It just wasn't worth it anymore. and with the epilator once you do it a few times, the hair takes atleast 4 weeks to grow back
Old 08-28-2008, 07:29 PM   #56  

I know with waxing/shaving, skin cells are removed even when you shave gently. Does the epilator do that? Also, can you recommend a good one?
Old 08-28-2008, 07:30 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

If you're gonna do the epilator, I'd recommend that you go once and have your pits professionally waxed. (Ahem, and how often does one get to write THAT in a sentence! *grin*)

As the hair grows back after the waxing, it'll be finer and thinner and so using the epilator will hurt less ... and less and less each time you use it thereafter.

Just a though!

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 07:33 PM   #58  

I've never noticed skin cells being removed when I use the epilator.
As for the brand, I bought a Remington one. It's pink and cute. .