General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-13-2008, 02:56 PM   #1  
Waiting on a hot body

S/C/G: 165/153/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Nat'l Dental Board Exam Part 1 on July 22

I simply cannot get in the mood to study after this past semester of 38 hard core science credits...it was non stop studying...but there is SO MUCH to go over for this Board Exam... biochem, physio, pathology, histology, gross anatomy, microbiology, oral histology and oral anatomy and occlusion... and it's REALLY important.

Anyone have ideas on how I can motivate myself to study? Usually I'm so good at that! I just want to be outside on the beach or at the park.
MalibuBeachBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 03:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Having been through much the same, I found that studying outside helped a lot. Somehow, I could just concentrate a lot longer. A great shade tree ... Also, whenever you have something to review in a concise format (really good notes of review book) or mostly to review in your head, try walking laps. I guess you could do this outside, but I mainly used it when studying later at night, walking halls. Helps keep you awake too. Going somewhere (not at home) helps too, so there isn't really anything else to do if you're not studying.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 03:51 PM   #3  
~Don't Postpone Joy~

S/C/G: 241.8/228/199.0

I finally figured out I had the best results when I exposed myself to the info in three ways.
Writing it
Reading it
Listen to it
So....... I would re-write my notes, make a tape recording (yes, I'm old )
and then listen to tapes... over and over and over... at the beach, out walking, driving etc...
I broke up the recordings up by inserting some favorite songs/music in between to give myself a break... I had great results...

Good Luck... its a 'tough' time of year to be buckling down...

Last edited by Sweetcaroline; 07-13-2008 at 03:52 PM.
Sweetcaroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 04:03 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

That reminded me of another thing, great for complicated concepts. Pretend you're teaching to someone else. You have to do this outloud, not in your mind. This one you probably don't want to do outside under a tree It forces you to put it into actual concise and organized words.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 09:08 PM   #5  
Waiting on a hot body

S/C/G: 165/153/135

Very good suggestions. Tomorrow, I'm packing up my book, my recorder and my notes and I'm heading out to this awesome park where you walk through the James River to get onto these big rocks. There are a ton of them so I can find a big flat one pretty far out away from everyone and set up shop there

Thanks.
MalibuBeachBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 09:39 PM   #6  
~Don't Postpone Joy~

S/C/G: 241.8/228/199.0

Oh good, sounds like a great place...
Sweetcaroline is offline   Reply With Quote