General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-21-2010, 09:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 95/Ticker/70

Height: 170cm

Default Response to: "You should stop dieting. You are getting too thin"?

So at the office today... this woman who is certainly not thin (although I wouldnt say she is very over weight either and from previous conversations I KNOW really wants to lose weight) says to me : I think you should stop losing weight. I said well no... I still need to lose another 10kg. She goes " noooo... you'll look sick. that wont be attractive. You are just right, right now. I mean you dont have boobs anymore".

I HATE her!! Because I am admittedly paranoid about my breasts disappearing. But to use that as a tool for making me stop dieting because she is jealous ( god i hope she is jealous...) or cant see me succeed is so low! But instead of saying all the mean things that were in my head, i just walked away mumbling something lame baout a meeting because I didnt want to hurt her feelings even though my feelings were hurt but also because I didnt know what to say. I cant bring myself to tell someone to go on diet and stop eating, because you never know where they are at in their lives. I remember when I was eating cakes and someone would say "you should diet" i felt awful and couldnt stop anyway as i wasnt in the right head space or time, so still ate but felt like crap! I think people should start their weight loss journey when they are ready and because they want to.

But also thing is that I am definitely NOT too thin. I am still in the overweight BMI range, I am a size 14 (australian..not sure what that is in US, EU or UK size) which is not too thin. An my goal weight of 70kg is 155 pounds which is on the high end of normal for my height. I think its actually only just high end. I still have my lumps and jiggle when I run lol. So I know for a fact that she was trying to sabotage my diet.

Mean evil woman!

So how do you deal with negativity from your still over weight friends that try to sabotage your weightloss?
mascara blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:59 AM   #2  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Sadly, I have learned to not mention how much I have left to go... In my head I know what I look like and what the number on the scale is in comparison to a "healthy" range. The person asking... doesn't. I had ONE person tell me, you're looking thin... to which I replied Thank you. She said, you're done losing right? I said no, I still have about 15 more pounds. She said, oh! That's a lot! (implying I was already thin enough).... After that I say to anyone who asks, oh... well I'm starting to maintain so I just have to let my body stop where it wants to. Nobody has said anything derogatory about that response. I try to keep it vague to just the regular person. The only person who knows my numbers and how much more I want to lose is my husband and he supports me, which is all that matters to me.

Last edited by stargzr; 09-21-2010 at 10:01 AM.
stargzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:07 AM   #3  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

I tell people I'm done but really I'm figuring my body will decide where it's comfortable and that my appearance won't change that much even if I do take off 15 more (that would put me in medical "normal" category).
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:22 AM   #4  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I find the best answers are ones people can't argue with.

"Oh yeah I've stopped, I'm done" then walk away. She can't argue and if you lose more and she comments just say you haven't changed anything lol. It'll just mess with her head
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 12:15 PM   #5  

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mascara blue View Post
She goes " noooo... you'll look sick. that wont be attractive. You are just right, right now. I mean you dont have boobs anymore".
The NERVE of her

Tell your boss that you are considering filing a sexual harassment complaint against her. Tell them that her 'continued comments about your breast offend you GREATLY', and that if they allow it to continue you will escalate your complaint to a higher level.

At the least, she'll get written up.
I'd PAY to be a fly on the wall for that one

She's a freakin idiot!
BlueFlower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 12:22 PM   #6  

Frankly I would be absolutely thrilled to hear "you look too thin!"
K8-EEE is offline   Reply With Quote