I think I finally have a Maid of Honor speech for this weekend.

• Please let me know what you think, and please offer advice on anything I can change or add. Now that I do have it done, I have to practice not crying while reading it!

Quote:
    Good Evening Everyone,

I just want to tell you again Jodi, how beautiful you look tonight. And how proud and honoured I am today to stand by your side on this special day..

As sister of the bride, I think I have a unique view of Jodi. I have many memories of wonderful times spent with Jodi, as we all have. When we were younger and in school, I can remember her always wanting to hang out with me and my friends, I always acted like it was a small inconvience to have her tag along, but deep down, I enjoyed her being there, and as the years have passed Jodi has become one of my favorite people to be around, weather it's just be a movie we go to, hanging out at home, a shopping trip......where Jodi takes FOREVER looking for the perfect bargins.....to taking a great vacation together, I know she will always provide lots of laughes, great talks, offer her advice on any concerns I have, and have an all around great time. All these memories I have, I will cherish forever, and the fondest memory I now have is watching Jodi marry her best friend, Scott, the love of her life and her companion.

I love you both very much, and over the years I have seen you both grow and flourish as a couple. Separately you both are very special, remarkable people, but together you are complete.

Scott, welcome to the family, I know you guys are meant for each other....and I am happy to finally call you my brother.

Now, please raise your glasses and join me in a toast

To love, laughter and happily ever after..

Congratulations..
  • I LOVE it.

You may want to read it for over for duplicate words/phrases:
    And how proud and honoured I am today to stand by your side on this special day.. ...right before that line, you say she looks beautiful "tonight", too...

But the sentiment is perfect, and the length is just right.

Relax and have a good time! Oh, and no drinking before the toast! Make the glass you toast with your first one
  • Beautiful!!!! Really... well done!

Let us know how it goes!
  • Um, how in the world are you going to keep from crying when I damned near am?

Good Job.
  • Super!
  • Quote: I LOVE it.

You may want to read it for over for duplicate words/phrases:
    And how proud and honoured I am today to stand by your side on this special day.. ...right before that line, you say she looks beautiful "tonight", too...

But the sentiment is perfect, and the length is just right.

Relax and have a good time! Oh, and no drinking before the toast! Make the glass you toast with your first one

Thank you....I took out the today, and the tonight. And just left in the proud to stand by your side on this special day.
  • Quote: Um, how in the world are you going to keep from crying when I damned near am?

Good Job.
    Thanks, walking2lose,Operator, and EZ. I don't know how I will keep from crying. I'm a pretty emotional person as it is. I think if I am sucking on a mint or something it might help. ( keep that golf sized ball from forming in my throat ) take deep breaths and just stay composed. Tell myself, I won't cry. I will practice more today in front of a mirror. I haven't had to talk in front of a group since high school. So, it does leave me a tad nervous.
  • No need to feel bad about that! Tears (of joy, of course!) are totally appropriate at a wedding, and you will not be the only one!
  • It brought tears to my eyes and I don't even know your sister.
  • thanks again all. yes, I'm still awake, working on practicing the speech. I'm pretty nervous about it!
  • You will do great - I know you will! Get some sleep, so you can be really 'present' for the big day. I know your speech is going to mean a lot to your sister, and I'm sure one day she'll repay you with an equally beautiful one.

Good luck...Now get to bed! :-)
  • How did it go???
  • Quote: How did it go???
    It went alright. I did indeed cry, but I was able to get through it. I think the shaking of my voice was also partly bc of nerves. It made my dad cry too.

Ppl complimented me on it, but I felt strange bc I really didn't want to cry, and at one point I thought I turned the mic off bc my hands were shaking, and by doing that I lost my place on the card, and said into the mic of course, "now, where am I" *lol* My sister loved it though and the night went really well.
  • Awww... that's great!