3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Haven't You Got One Good Thing To Say? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/145307-havent-you-got-one-good-thing-say.html)

EZMONEY 07-01-2008 06:57 PM

Haven't You Got One Good Thing To Say?

ABOUT TODAY? :)

Boy, I sure do!

I got off work an hour early

Came home to a :sssh: quiet :sssh: house

Angie took nephew and a couple of his buddies and our niece, who is visiting for a week, to the beach to go :swim: swimming :sunny: sun bathing and surfing!

Plus she dropped the two mutts off at the groomers on the way!

So in about an hour I will have a tired 9 year old niece ~ a tired 17 year old nephew ~ 2 tired and SMELLING GOOD, for a change, golden retrievers ~ and one tanned :love: hotty wife :love: that...

WAIT! it gets better! :yes:

that left a note on the memo board ~ "Babe, don't cook anything...got it covered...I will BBQ :cbg: feta burgers."

SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT! :)

GradPhase 07-01-2008 07:04 PM

I've got a really BAD interview, a boyfriend working on an island without ANY internet or phone reception 4,000 miles away, and I've gained FIVE pounds back since I've been in Utah! Today is not a good day!

But... on the NICE side - we're going to a restaurant with male cliff divers wearing loin cloths for dinner tonight - and that just CAN'T be bad!!

bargoo 07-01-2008 07:06 PM

Nothing that good, sorry to say!! Not married, dog needs a bath and a haircut and I have to cook my own dinner.

EZMONEY 07-01-2008 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eskinomad (Post 2250704)
.......... we're going to a restaurant with male cliff divers wearing loin cloths for dinner tonight - and that just CAN'T be bad!!

Unless EZ is in one of the loin cloths! ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bargoo (Post 2250709)
Nothing that good, sorry to say!! Not married, dog needs a bath and a haircut and I have to cook my own dinner.

Well BARGOO I will just have to make your day a little better....."I sure enjoy your interaction on my threads!" :hug:

Sweetcaroline 07-01-2008 07:16 PM

I have to dig really deep here EZ... due to my worsening BBall depression...

But yes, I am psyched that I'm off tomorrow so I can stay up late... :D:D
And... Greek salads with are on their way home.. as we speak... weird you mentioned Feta..

winning the war 07-01-2008 07:18 PM

My dogs are still smelly as well. I got into a car accident:o. BUT...
I had a fantastic day w/ the kiddos at the beach, then chuck e cheese, no one was hurt in the accident that WASN'T my fault (phew!), I have a home to shelter me, food to nourish me, water to slake my thirst, and got an email from my hubby! So, all in all, a pretty darn good day!:carrot::D:D

yoyonomoreinvegas 07-01-2008 07:24 PM

I don't know, I think I've got a pretty good one here -

After a 3 week (or was it a 3 eon) visit - MIL has gone home. DH & I have the house to ourselves again and doggies can go back to sleeping in the guest room instead of in our bed with us :D we may just postpone dinner ;)

moony 07-01-2008 07:28 PM

I invented a new firming mask (all organic, all natural) for my business and my partner found us an investor!!!!!! AND I got promoted to 3rd in command at my day job, which should help me get my company on it's feet! Today could not be better for me.

Sweetcaroline 07-01-2008 07:59 PM

Quote:

I invented a new firming mask (all organic, all natural) for my business and my partner found us an investor!!!!!! AND I got promoted to 3rd in command at my day job, which should help me get my company on it's feet! Today could not be better for me.
moony WOW... that's a whole weeks worth !! Congrats

Kofarq 07-01-2008 08:27 PM

My MIL, FIL, and SIL-to be (and her 3 DDs) and my DD and I all went to spend the day in Harbour Grace, where they had a big To-Do about Canada Day, and Dan Cleary, and the Stanley cup. We were all dressed up in our Red Wings jerseys, etc, and the Newsman asked us to go on TV for a little interview! FIL did the talking, and the rest of us just smiled goofily beside him, but we got to be on TV!
Even better news than that? Oh, yes!! My in-laws to be and I GET ALONG, and actually LIKE EACH OTHER!!!
Poor Dear Fiance was at work in Alberta, but he was HAPPY for us all that we had so much fun! I sure lucked out!! Any idea who I should thank for all this? Just kiddin' ya!!
And I lost 4.2 lbs in the last 2 weeks!

Darkblue 07-01-2008 10:22 PM

I did my mile walk, honestly wasn't hungry for dinner, got the den cleaned up, and DH says he'll take the kids swimming tomorrow so I can be lazy. Sounds like a good day to me!

CountingDown 07-01-2008 10:38 PM

Left work to walk home on a beautiful 77 degree sunshiny day. Came home to a new clothing order from Ann Taylor 80% off and everything fit perfectly. Dog greeted me with his usual fervor. Took a 30 minute nap and DH and I scooted to the grocery store to pick up staples. Came home and DH made supper, built a fire on the patio and uncorked a wonderful Zin. Life is good :D

EZMONEY 07-01-2008 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweetcaroline (Post 2250727)
I have to dig really deep here EZ... due to my worsening BBall depression...

CAROLINE you spoiled BRAT! 1 game away from the most wins in ALL of baseball and you are baseball depressed...shame on you ;)

But yes, I am psyched that I'm off tomorrow so I can stay up late... :D:D
And... Greek salads with are on their way home.. as we speak... weird you mentioned Feta..

The burgers were awesome...hope your salad was too!

Quote:

Originally Posted by winning the war (Post 2250731)
My dogs are still smelly as well. I got into a car accident:o. BUT...
I had a fantastic day w/ the kiddos at the beach, then chuck e cheese, no one was hurt in the accident that WASN'T my fault (phew!), I have a home to shelter me, food to nourish me, water to slake my thirst, and got an email from my hubby! So, all in all, a pretty darn good day!:carrot::D:D

Kids and Chuck E Cheese...boy I miss those days! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoyodieterinvegas (Post 2250741)
I don't know, I think I've got a pretty good one here -

After a 3 week (or was it a 3 eon) visit - MIL has gone home. DH & I have the house to ourselves again and doggies can go back to sleeping in the guest room instead of in our bed with us :D we may just postpone dinner ;)

Is there room for 2 golden retrievers? :)...clean!

Quote:

Originally Posted by moony (Post 2250749)

AWESOME KIDDO! Good luck!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kofarq (Post 2250846)
....... Oh, yes!! My in-laws to be and I GET ALONG, and actually LIKE EACH OTHER!!!
Poor Dear Fiance was at work in Alberta, but he was HAPPY for us all that we had so much fun! I sure lucked out!! Any idea who I should thank for all this? Just kiddin' ya!!
And I lost 4.2 lbs in the last 2 weeks!

And I thought I had a good day...movie star! ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkblue (Post 2251006)
I did my mile walk, honestly wasn't hungry for dinner, got the den cleaned up, and DH says he'll take the kids swimming tomorrow so I can be lazy. Sounds like a good day to me!

Just be LAZY AFTER you get that exercise in 'BLUE!

EZMONEY 07-01-2008 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CountingDown (Post 2251026)
.....80% off and everything fit perfectly..... uncorked a wonderful Zin. Life is good :D

SCOOTER ~ If I took 80% OFF my clothes...and opened up a bottle of wine...after 0 beers today....well...I could be arrested for my actions!

happy2bme 07-01-2008 11:24 PM

Good things to say:

White Sox won today :yay:

Scubs lost :dance:

Kept my mouth shut and my lead foot in check on the drive home, thus continuing my committment to save gas money through better driving habits. I also don't think I swore at a single person, thus making today a banner commute day :D

The grilled shrimp and strawberry kiwi spinach salad we made for dinner was both healthy and delicious.

Nothing broke down, got hit, caved in or disappeared today costing me money I don't have.

Last but not least, my husband still loves me :hug: and my access card at work still let me in (and out of) the door.

Sometimes it's the little things that matter... thank you Gary for reminding me of that!