General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-08-2008, 12:00 AM   #16  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

A nice win tonight against the Astros.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 01:16 AM   #17  

Height: 5'4"

Ughhhhhhhh. Mets lose 2-1 to the lousy Padres for the THIRD consecutive game. Its like the same game keeps replaying over and over. Now 6.5 big ones behind the Phils. This is awful
Razz44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 10:20 AM   #18  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Dare I say it? Rockies make it 4 wins in a row! Thankfully we're getting some of our injured players back. They are no longer the team with the worst record in baseball!!!! Thank you Marlins!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 10:57 PM   #19  
One pound at a time.

woo hoo another win against the Astros.

Next game on Tuesday and we have a rookie pitching his first major league start

Next Sunday I'm going to my first major league baseball game to see my Cardinals I'm so excited and can't wait. They're playing the Phillies, who are playing really well at the minute.

I will take my camera and maybe get some pics up.

We got the tickets through my hub's work. They had a drawing for every home game this season. We were lucky to get them as there were a ton of people wanting tickets. I think we're over by the third base line, not sure exactly. We will get the tickets Thursday.

Old 06-08-2008, 11:29 PM   #20  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

suicidal
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 11:44 PM   #21  

Ok, so my team finally managed to score some runs today 6 in fact (thats double what they had in the first 3 games put together). It had all the makings of a nice win, until Billy Wagner decides to serve up 4 runs, including a 3 run bomb to Tony Clark in the 8th, and the Mets lose another rough one 8-6 to the Padres.

A four game sweep at the hands of the freakin Padres!!!! Who does that??? Oh yeah and the Phillies won again too. Ughhh
Old 06-09-2008, 09:51 PM   #22  
One pound at a time.

Ken Griffey Jr hit his 600th home run tonight against the Marlins.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:17 PM   #23  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

My son has probably 10 Ken Griffey rookie cards...5 still in unopened boxes. Just happened to be the few years he was collecting and everyone "gifted" him that for Christmas and birthday. Too bad EVERYONE else was collecting them too!

CLYDEGIRL....Is this your first ever Big league game?...How awesome!! I will never forget the first time I stepped into DODGER STADIUM as a kid of 9 or 10...WHOA!!! or the first time I took my son there when he was 9...although he had been going with me to see the Padres play (in the old Jack Murphy...now Quallcom...not PETCO) our DODGERS since he was born....he even was with me when they beat those Cubs in the National League play-off 5th game in '84...of course he was only 3 and got sick eating "junk"...so we left in about the third inning!!....man I love baseball/DODGER memories!!

Last edited by EZMONEY; 06-09-2008 at 10:19 PM.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:44 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydegirl View Post
woo hoo another win against the Astros.

Next game on Tuesday and we have a rookie pitching his first major league start

Next Sunday I'm going to my first major league baseball game to see my Cardinals I'm so excited and can't wait. They're playing the Phillies, who are playing really well at the minute.

I will take my camera and maybe get some pics up.

We got the tickets through my hub's work. They had a drawing for every home game this season. We were lucky to get them as there were a ton of people wanting tickets. I think we're over by the third base line, not sure exactly. We will get the tickets Thursday.

Your first game!! Thats so exciting! I've been lucky enough to a couple games each year for awhile, but I still remember my first one!

I hope the Cards smash the Philities to pieces!! Loser Phillies--><---Cardinals

I am actually going to the Mets game on Sunday, a nice way to spend Fathers Day with my dad .

Last edited by Razz44; 06-09-2008 at 10:45 PM.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:52 PM   #25  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razz44 View Post
I am actually going to the Mets game on Sunday, a nice way to spend Fathers Day with my dad .
Spent a few the same way...as a son...and a dad!....

just love baseball/DODGER memories.....
Old 06-10-2008, 05:30 AM   #26  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Red Sox 2 - Mariners 1

Had six tickets to Fenway Park for Sunday's game with my two adult kids and SO's all. We were in right field where Drew caught two flies deep into the warning track. Nice!! On TV you can't hear the thunk of the ball hitting the gloves as the right fielder warms up with the bull pen catcher. Loved the emotional playing of Dirty Water at the end of a winning home game.

Thought I'd broken the bank with the price of tickets until I faced the price of concessions, LOL. Was a little surprised to be out $150 for modest snacks for six. Are all ball parks rather pricey these days or I am I just old fashioned? Water, for example, was $3.75.

Old 06-10-2008, 09:43 AM   #27  
One pound at a time.

Yes it will be my first ever major league baseball game

I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to baseball. Growing up in Scotland we watched football. It's only since moving here,4 years ago, that I've become addicted to the game. Hubs is amazed I know more about it than him. I never miss a game.

We're playing Cincinnati today. It would have been nice if Griffey had got his 600th at home.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:30 PM   #28  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Yep BILL it is insane...the cost! I just don't bother to go much anymore because of it, something just bugs me about paying $8.00 for a warm beer in a plastic bottle!

As far as the sound....oh yeah! I remember one game against my DODGERS and the Padres in Jack Murphy/Quallcom stadium, we had seats down the right field line, first row. A ball was hit down the line to Tony Gwynn, he fielded it on the line about 15 feet up from me....when he threw the ball in you could hear the "woooosh"....sweet!

Or sitting near the bullpen at DODGER Stadium and hearing the smack of the ball hitting the catcher's mitt from the starting pitcher warming up.

I saw a game once in Seattle with the Mariners at the old park...weired hearing the sounds "inside"....the "thud" of a ball hit off the wall just isn't the same...

or the "ping" of an aluminum bat!

Glad you had a good time.

CLYDEGIRL you are going to LOVE IT!!...but that wasn't "football" you saw in Scotland...that would be soccer....
Old 06-10-2008, 06:30 PM   #29  
~Don't Postpone Joy~

S/C/G: 241.8/228/199.0

BILL... Nice to meet another Sox fan, even an AL fan LOL ... Yes, indeed prices are outrageous at Fenway.... but l love going to games... It is 'one' place I stay OP.. LOL... A little warm there on Sunday eh' ? Tonight Sox and Celts... can't wait !!
Clyde....... Have a GREAT time, nothing like your first major league game !
EZ... what do you think LA or Celts ? LOL...
I have a feeling we'll be coming back here for 2 !
Sweetcaroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 07:16 PM   #30  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up

Sweetcaroline - Tip of my hat to another Red Sox fan. You must specially love it when they play Sweet Caroline at Fenway and the fans go nuts.
Quote:
Sweet caroline [Fans: Um! Um! Um! ]
Good times never seemed so good
Ive been inclined [Fans: Um! Um! Um! ]
To believe they never would
Don't hold your breath waiting for Gary to acknowledge the possibility of a Celtics championship, LOL.