Quick question

• I'm flying out of here tomorrow..and I was just wondering if I can have my prescription meds in my purse, which I plan on carrying on the plane with me.
  • The answer is yes, as long as they're not liquid. Remember that anything liquid has to be kept in a ziplock plastic bag, in (i think it's 3 ounce?) containers. This includes hand sanitizer, lip balms, and toothpaste.
  • 3 ounces per container, all of which need to fit within a 1 quart, clear, ziptop bag.

If they aren't liquid, you can carry them wherever.

Oh, and if they are prescription liquid medications, they are actually exempted from the bag/container size limit rules. You just have to declare them when you get up to the front of the line. Just say "I am carrying on a medically necessary prescription that is over 3 ounces liquid".
  • Okay...they're not liquid. They're just little pills in a bottle. Should I still declare them at the front??
  • Nope! You can go right through. just leave them in their prescription bottles if you can (for a controlled substance, like a painkiller or something, they sometimes check the bottle to make sure the prescription belongs to you).
  • Okay great..they're just my anxiety meds. I'm afraid of flying and dont wanna have a panic attack mid-air.

Thanks for the help!! I'm gonna try to get some sleep now. I have to be awake in 2 1/2 hours .