I saw the most horrible thing yesterday!!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • A block away from my house, there were two very overweight women and a toddler (looked like grandma, mom, and daughter) walking down the street carrying their groceries. Some girls were turning the corner in a vehicle and started screaming "fat b*tches!!!" at them!!! It was awful. I was too far to see the expression on their faces but I can't imagine. The mother appeared to be trying to shoo them away. Then they pulled over and looked like they were going to confront them! I went up to my apt to get my boyfriend but when we got down, the vehicle was gone and the family was walking an opposite direction...

Sick SICK!!!!
  • That is just so wrong!
  • what is wrong with people??!!! That is so very very sad...
  • People constantly amaze me with their awfulness.
  • That is disgusting. I feel sorry for those girls (the ones in the car who are too ignorant to keep their mouths shut). What do they think yelling something so cruel going to accomplish?
  • That's terrible!! Makes you wonder what kind of parents those poor girls have.
  • I take comfort from rude people by imagiining them 50 pounds or more overweight in 20 years.
  • I know that they will reap what they sow...they will become fat....most people that do that do that to make themselves better by putting other people down...I know that those people out there that are just rude and cruel will one day get it back to them!!!
  • Those girls have no soul to do something like that... they might be young and thin and "pretty", but their lives are empty, and they're empty inside. How terrible.
  • That is awful Karma will take care of those girls one way or another!
  • Thats sad..people have no respect for others anymore.
  • That is terrible!
  • I know this is horrible.

When I was in elementary school I was severely bullied by a gang of boys, who used the excuse of me being overweight to bully me (and I don't mean just words here people). Anyways, I run across one of those boys a year ago (after 11 years of being in separate schools and lives) and at first he did not recognize me and when he realized who I was he said pretty much how awful he felt about it and how he had used me as a scapegoat for his frustration over his parents' divorce at the time. He even asked me if he could do anything to make it up to me and I said "No, you can't do anything about it, but if you really want to make sure your children don't end up doing the same thing you did."

It is a cruel world out there.

• That is terrible....I just (insert sarcasm here) how NICE people are to others these days!
  • preetylady-that is an awesome comeback. He better raise his children well.

That is just an awful story. I used to get teased all the time because of my weight. I remember in high school, this girl got mad at me but can't remember why, I just remember standing there after some sort of confrontation about something and as I was walking away or she was walking away she yelled at the top of her lungs, "YOU ELEPHANT!!!!" It hurt so bad, I left school, even if there were like 2 classes left and went home and cried for the rest of the day. I remember in elementary, people didn't wanna hang out with me because I was overweight. The popular girls didn't want to come to my birthday sleepovers because they thought I was disgustingly over weight. It's a hard thing to handle.