General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-11-2008, 04:25 PM   #1  
Learning To Fly...

S/C/G: 307/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Default Bathroom Scale Question

I recently found my digital bathroom scale after moving in December, and I weighed myself, it said something like 267.5, it said this 3 times, then I weighed myself again about 5 minutes later and it said 292, then I weighed myself the next morning and it said 287.5, My boyfriend said he pressed on the corner of the scale then let go and it kept saying 30lbs even though there was nothing on it after he pressed and let go, he says this means my scale is probabaly off by about 30lbs, could this be? If so, how do I fix it, or do I need a new one? I'd really like to know how much I really weigh lol 267.5 is alot better than 292
Trixie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 04:36 PM   #2  
prepare for the BEST time

Have you checked the batteries and replaced? that will affect the outcome.

also the level of the floor can throw it off....

I have a Tanita that is usually accurate, but there are days I want to throw it through the window!
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 04:55 PM   #3  
Method to the Madness

S/C/G: 381.4/in the middle/160

Height: 5'9

Personally, if it's still acting crazy like that if you try changing the batteries and using it on a level floor (like tile or wood), I would just get another scale. Who knows how off it really is... or if it's off by a consistent amount.
LindseyLouWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 04:57 PM   #4  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Something is definately wrong. Check the batteries like other suggested, then if it still does it I would try to get a new one. And you get what you pay for.....if that makes sense. Scale fluctuations can drive you insane if you are trying to lose weight, so you really need a reliable one. I bought a Tanita Large Capacity Scale, it was about $70 but it is accurate and I like it and it will probaly be the last scale I buy unless my fat butt breaks it. ha ha.
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 05:02 PM   #5  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

I have a digital health-o-meter scale and love it. It gives me the same weight no matter how many times I step on it.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 05:35 PM   #6  
Learning To Fly...

S/C/G: 307/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Thanks! I will try changing the batteries, I usually weigh myself in the mornings in the bathroom, it's tile and as far as I can tell pretty flat and even lol, our apartment is pretty small. I think I only paid $30 for the scale I have at Wal-Mart so maybe I'll get a better one if I need to buy a new one. Thanks again everyone
Trixie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 09:06 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 259/247/150

Height: 5'6

sometimes humidty will affect it too. but scales are evil. and i wouldlike to throw mine out the upstairs windows sometimes!
mrs dorson is offline   Reply With Quote