3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Long Distance Relationships (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/142352-long-distance-relationships.html)

GradPhase 05-14-2008 12:43 PM

Long Distance Relationships

Dorys Girl 05-14-2008 12:57 PM

Keep yourself busy. Catch up on some of those 'projects' you've been putting off like spring cleaning or straightening up the garage. He'll be surprised at how fantastic the house looks when he comes home. Make sure you chat on the phone often. Even a quick 5 minute conversation can be a pick-me-up. Maybe even try your hand at writing (not emailing) some mushy love letters. Three months may seem like a long time if you're focused on how many days it is until he returns, but I promise you the time will go by fast. You'll be fine!

zenor77 05-14-2008 01:11 PM

I think long distance is doable when it is a short time span and not years and years, so as difficult as it seems, I think you can get through 3 months just fine. DH and I didn't live in the same city until after we married, so I have a little experience with this.

I agree with Dorys Girl, KEEP BUSY. Go out with the girls when you can, have friends over for dinner, etc. Don't hole yourself up in the house! Being around other people helps with the loneliness. No, it's not the same, but it helps.

Talk to him whenever you can and ***WARNING: R RATED COMMENT COMING*** never underestimate the joys of phone sex. ;)

You'll be just fine! Three months will go by quickly.

pigginpodgey 05-14-2008 01:24 PM

H2B had to spend 4 months apart so I know what your going through. It is hard but as everyone else has said keep busy! Focus on your new healthy lifestyle, start projects and spoil yourself silly with massive bubble baths and a good book. My H2B and I kept things going by emailing, texts and phone calls we even sent cards and letters. Its hard but worth it, we got engaged when he got back!! We are all here for you if you need someone to talk too. Hugs.

Lovely 05-14-2008 01:32 PM

My fiance is long distance from me, too, and though close enough that we can generally see eachother almost every weekend, there are times when several weeks go by. So :hug: I understand. Time apart is hard.

Will you be able to communicate regularly? Either via phone or e-mail make sure to leave little notes about your day. Things you're doing, things you're looking forward to. And listen about his. It's important to keep connected about the little things.

Then, keep yourself VERY busy. All that stuff you've been putting off. That thing you've been meaning to do or see. Do it now. It'll give you more to talk about to him, too!

Get in extra exercise, spend a little more time with friends, or your family. Just keep busy, and keep communication open :) You'll make it through this time. :hug:

GradPhase 05-14-2008 01:35 PM

Lovely 05-14-2008 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eskinomad (Post 2201050)
Afraid to say we can't often. We're averaging about an hour a week. He's working on an island, and they're still wiring it for internet and setting up satellites. I know it's not long, but without much contact, it certainly feels like forever.

That's really a shame! :hug: That's even harder. Write letters!!! Or postcards, or anything.

You can even write to him, and then not send the letters, but hold onto them to give them when he returns! (I think this is rather romantic, no? :love:)

And enjoy the time you do get to speak to him, even if it's just an hour. :hug: