General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-10-2008, 10:49 PM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default NO MAKE-UP! and it's MY FAULT?

This is Angie's last week teaching of the school year. Today at her middle school they had the traditional "COMPETITION EVENTS". Kids from 6th thru 8th enter track and field events and things like basketball shots.

She came downstairs from getting ready in her YELLOW (her team colors) tye dyed shirt, those capri levis and tennies....looking cute as always. I did notice she wasn't wearing make-up so I sked her..."Are you in the events? this year?"...she used to be in the softball game when they held that in the past.

"NO, I am just sitting on my butt in my lawn chair under my umbrella."...humm..OK, so I figure since it is an outside day...no need for make-up...she doesn't always wear it...as on week-ends...running...etc.

I load up her chair, cooler, umbrella, etc. Then give her a kiss as she exits the garage and closes the door.

About 4 minutes later she comes busting through the front door of the house...yelling...."WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME I DIDN'T HAVE MAKE-UP ON?" ............

I keep quiet ...like I really have something "bright" in my vocabulary to follow up that question.

Where did I go wrong?
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 10:55 PM   #2  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Unfortunately you are in a no win situation! My poor DH Ryan encounters this lots. I now know (by the look of confussion) when he is thinking ...To say it...or...not to say it...what is the lesser of two evils AND which choice will be the shorter visit to the dog house!

Last edited by JuliaDH; 06-10-2008 at 10:56 PM.
JuliaDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 10:56 PM   #3  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

Height: 5'5

Awwwwwww, bless!!!

That's certainly a no-win situation, Gary, my friend!
GradPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 11:58 PM   #4  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Although we often don't post in the same areas I just knew this was your thread before I saw your name. You make me smile.

Firstly, your problem started way before today. You see, you made the mistake of being born with testicles. Having stated that fact, unfortunately there really isn't much left to add. You are doomed to many more days of asking yourself the very same question.

I do commend you however. Your silence shows that your past experiences with these things haven't been totally in vein.

Searching for the answer to questions like "Where did I go wrong?" is like searching for the meaning of life. If you come up with a good answer for either, let us women know b/c we can always use a good

(Just kidding, I think you are great. Dude, there was no way out of that one!)
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 12:13 AM   #5  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliaHood View Post
Unfortunately you are in a no win situation! My poor DH Ryan encounters this lots. I now know (by the look of confussion) when he is thinking ...To say it...or...not to say it...what is the lesser of two evils AND which choice will be the shorter visit to the dog house!
So then your advice JULIA...aka...biker ma...would be to PURCHASE A CUSTOM DOG HOUSE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskinomad View Post
Awwwwwww, bless!!!

That's certainly a no-win situation, Gary, my friend!
NO-WIN situation....hummm...sounds a lot like T-BALL where everyone ties.....no one cries after the game...you call that fun?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope4me View Post

Although we often don't post in the same areas I just knew this was your thread before I saw your name. You make me smile. WHY? are you laughing at me?

Firstly, your problem started way before today. You see, you made the mistake of being born with testicles. YES I WAS...HOWEVER ANGIE RECEIVED THOSE AS A WEDDING GIFT! Having stated that fact, unfortunately there really isn't much left to add. You are doomed to many more days of asking yourself the very same question.

I do commend you however. Your silence shows that your past experiences with these things haven't been totally in vein. wHEN YOU HAVE BEEN KICKED AS MANY TIMES AS i HAVE WHERE THOSE TESTICLES USED TO BE...YOU LEARN TO KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!

Searching for the answer to questions like "Where did I go wrong?" is like searching for the meaning of life. If you come up with a good answer for either, let us women know b/c we can always use a good

(Just kidding, I think you are great. Dude, there was no way out of that one!)
Not even the back door?
Old 06-11-2008, 12:15 AM   #6  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

You should have responded with "Why didn't you remember to put makeup on if you wanted to be wearing it?". At least, that's what I would have said.
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 12:22 AM   #7  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Well KIDDO...after we hook up one day and you meet Angie...you will understand why I don't "smart mouth" her!
Old 06-11-2008, 12:31 AM   #8  

Height: 5'5"

Gary so sorry about your situation! But, you have learned to keep your mouth shut, so hopefully she will not be mad for long...and you could point out that you "Didn't notice!"

I, on the other hand get the flipped side...I don't usually wear makeup, so when I put it on my DH always asks why I am so dolled up...I just tell him that I am meeting my boyfriend later...like I have time for that!!!
upswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 12:33 AM   #9  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

I did compliment her though...she said she did 2 cartwheels for the kids....her "tradition" on game day...I told her that was good "for her age"....I remember when she did 5!

She hasn't said much to me tonight...thought it was 'cause of the LAKER game...not the game...she could care less...it's my "swearin'" that makes her mad....like the dogs "know" those words!
Old 06-11-2008, 12:34 AM   #10  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Custom works well for Ry. He drives transport. Therefore his dog house is speced out well and is multi purposed. Earns a pay cheque, hide away from kids, and a cozy place to sleep when sentenced to the dog house.
JuliaDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 12:36 AM   #11  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by upswife View Post
Gary so sorry about your situation! But, you have learned to keep your mouth shut, so hopefully she will not be mad for long...and you could point out that you "Didn't notice!"

Not being too bright I mentioned that I DID notice she was naked on the face!...

I, on the other hand get the flipped side...I don't usually wear makeup, so when I put it on my DH always asks why I am so dolled up...I just tell him that I am meeting my boyfriend later...like I have time for that!!!
Doesn't matter to me if she has a boyfriend as long as I don't have to leave my recliner to get him a beer!

And by the way I am NOT SPEAKING to you since you haven't joined my last 2 5k'S!!....
Old 06-11-2008, 12:37 AM   #12  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliaHood View Post
Custom works well for Ry. He drives transport. Therefore his dog house is speced out well and is multi purposed. Earns a pay cheque, hide away from kids, and a cozy place to sleep when sentenced to the dog house.
Does he have bunk beds biker mom?
Old 06-11-2008, 12:38 AM   #13  

Dear Gary -- there is no "right answer" to your question. However, had you said something like "I was speechless in awe of your natural beauty" might have covered it (but I think she's much smarter than that!!! )

On our 10th anniversary last year, being a SAHM I tend to wear comfy clothes most of the time -- so that evening when my husband got home from work, I was dressed nice, hair done and makeup on -- thinking we might do something nice (drop the kids at a babysitter, dinner, etc.). So when my lovely husband walks in the door, he says "what are you all dressed up for??" Do I give him credit for noticing or pack his bags for forgetting our anniversary -- I'm still deciding......
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 12:48 AM   #14  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby897 View Post
Dear Gary -- there is no "right answer" to your question. However, had you said something like "I was speechless in awe of your natural beauty" might have covered it (but I think she's much smarter than that!!! )

Not only is she smarter...she is more used to me saying stuff like...."Hey Babe, you're butt doesn't look too big today."

On our 10th anniversary last year, being a SAHM I tend to wear comfy clothes most of the time -- so that evening when my husband got home from work, I was dressed nice, hair done and makeup on -- thinking we might do something nice (drop the kids at a babysitter, dinner, etc.). So when my lovely husband walks in the door, he says "what are you all dressed up for??" Do I give him credit for noticing or pack his bags for forgetting our anniversary -- I'm still deciding......
Oh for Pete's sake (who in the heck is Pete anyway?) Susan...if 0-ZERO-0 jewelry was involved...he gets 0-zero-0 credit!...that is one thing I do know!!!
Old 06-11-2008, 01:14 AM   #15  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

My mom got mad at me once when she forgot to put on makeup before work. Honestly, she woke me up 2 mins before she had to leave and I didnt even notice, lol.

You should've said something sweet like.."you look more beautiful without makeup" or something like that. Thats how my dh tries to save himself, lol.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote