General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-13-2008, 03:00 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Here ya go....a little history on the pepperoni roll....I can't live without them

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepperoni_Roll

http://www.bobheffner.com/pepperoniroll/

Basically, you make the dough for the bread and then put pepperoni in it and bake it. Best stuff ever. People also add cheese of different varieties, italian peppers, chili (hot dog sauce chili, not chili chili). Since they are traditionally only made in WV, you could make a lot of money doing these

Last edited by Rhighlan86; 04-13-2008 at 03:02 PM.
Rhighlan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 10:53 AM   #17  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Rhighlan:

Those sound yummy!!! Yeah later I will definately branch out trying different things. Yestderday Chris was trying to sell stromboli to our neighbour behind us and she was like, "What is it?"

hahahahhaa

Well I added up the totals from Thursday - Sunday. We made $70.75 and the ingredients cost $12.94!! Yeah!! I took advice between here and other forums. Some said 3.5 x ingredient cost, someone else said 4 x ingredient cost. I am aiming for 5x the cost on the cupcakes, cookies and stromboli because my eldest dd helps me bake and my eldest son helps me sell. I told them both I would give them 10% each So that is 20% off the top.

So that would still give me the 4 x mark up. I told them any cakes I do for people(that they aren't involved in) are my own. If Joe sells cookies, cupcakes, stromboli at work I will still cut them in. They are great little workers and sometimes especially in the beginning it feels like you are working harder and not seeing much in return.

Once we get some more regular customers we will be good to go. His one friend already bought 4 dozen so we'll see if they want more later. There is one family that lives behind us that we have known for a long time. They bought $8.00 in stuff one day and $5.00 in stuff yesterday. Including, Chris even got her to buy 1 stromboli! That is not something I would normally send out. Cause it needs to stay refrigerated etc. But they were hot out of the oven and it is just next door(behind us) so i told him to go over there and come back.

They were all happy when Chris showed up yesterday, she was like, "WOW!" I sent him with cupcakes, stromboli and cookies. I got a new cookie scoop. SO now it can make perfect cookies every time. We also get more out of a big batch now. Before it was 65 cookies, now we can get 100 cookies. Which works out great cause I can charge a little less per cookie and still make the 5x profit. I told Chris he can sell those 3/$1.00

The chocolate cupcakes I made yesterday I was able to sell .50 cents each and still make a profit. Those weren't the fancier ones. Just the texas sheet cake frosting on top of the cake. If you have ever worked with that frosting you will know that it doesn't have the ability to poof up.

Those are only like .11 cents to make. I need to refigure out my yellow cake recipe and that frosting cause they were .21 cents each to make. Here is a picture of those. I sold those for $1.00 each. I like those alot better. I think I did pretty good with those cupcakes but I want to get better. I need more practice and I was thinking of taking a cake decorating class.

When Chris was out selling someone wanted some cupcakes and I bought a new cupcake carrier, it carries 24 at once but I only sent him with 6 on purpose. I figured if he needed more he could return. Well it's a good thing. He dropped all of them when he opened the case! LOL

SO he asked me to drive him back there so we did. We stopped by one of my dd's friends houses after that and the dad bought 2 cookies and 2 cupcakes. The friends grandpa was trying to hold our cookies and cupcakes hostage! He wanted the containers too! LOL I was sitting in the van and Chris calls up and he is like, "This guy wants to buy everything!"

LOL I was like, "What??"

SO I get out of the van and go to talk to him. There were 10 cupcakes left that were selling 2/$1.00. There were 12 cookies left that were selling 3/$1.00. He was sitting in his car and had the cookies on his seat and was holding the cupcake holder and asking me how much to buy everything including the containers!!! hahahahah

He was a nice guy and it was funny. I told him the cupcake holder would cost $20.00 by itself. (I paid $15.00 for it!) He didn't want to spend that much. LOL I didn't think so. He had $7.00 so I sold him the cupcakes for .50 cents each and gave him the cookies 12/$2.00.

It's almost like hit and miss. But the people who do buy usually buy alot. I told Chris once we get going we will begin to know who our regulars are.

I reworked the stromboli. I had told Joe to tell her $1.50 so I couldn't go back on that. But I never said how big or small they were. LOL SO we ate the bigger stromboli's and made more up yesterday. The way we had done it in the picture is 4 to one of the big ones. So I told Kass to make 8 instead.(She is the one who helps roll out the dough and cut it.) She wound up making 9 instead! Yeah!
That worked out perfectly on the cheese too cause it is 3 cups of cheese to 1 big stromboli so that equaled a perfect 1/3 a cup each.

Over the weekend I was freaking out a little cause cheese went up again! A few months ago when I got my costco card they were selling shredded cheddar cheese for $10.69 for 5 lbs. I was even surprised at that. So I wasn't shocked when shortly after I seen it was $11.69. But I bought some a week ago at that price and I go Saturday and it was $12.59!!!!!

SO that .62 cent stromboli turned into a .69 cents stromboli!
And I am supposed to sell it for $1.50? NOPE! SO I reworked the dough into 9 instead of 4 and am using canola oil now instead too so now the 9 mini's turn out to be .31 cents to make. Thank goodness.

Joe took those today so we'll see if she likes the stromboli and the price. We'll see.

Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote