General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 03-03-2008, 10:11 PM   #1  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Default Bad Weather

Okay, I'm trying my best to stay awake for a couple more hours. We are having horrible weather. Seven tornado warnings going on right now in our area, flash floods, severe thunderstorms, etc. I'm so tired and I would love to just go to bed, but it's not safe to. Just hanging out on 3FC to stay awake!
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 10:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

I hope you're ok. Good luck on staying awake!
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:13 AM   #3  
Mellow but Sassy

S/C/G: 280/255/160

Height: 5' 11"

Oh man, we got the very very tip top of that storm. Not too bad, just tons and tons of rain.

Are you North enough that you're going to get that crazy snow that's coming through this afternoon? It's mind-boggling since it was in the 70s yesterday.
Zen Pharmacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 09:43 AM   #4  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

I am afraid it's heading our way. It will start with ice pellets and freezing rain, followed by up to 20 cm of snow overnight. I see red when I hear of more snow. Ugggh.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 12:08 PM   #5  
~~Maintainer!~~

Whew! We made it through safely. It was especially nerve racking last night. Pharmacy, we are farther south than the area predicted for snow (thank goodness!) It is crazy - 70 degrees one day, 30 the next.

Tomato, I'm sending you warm thoughts, wish I could send you some warm weather in addition to it. I know God put me in the south for a reason, he knew I would never make it with all of the snow yall have to deal with! Hope it melts quickly!
Old 03-04-2008, 12:19 PM   #6  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

I agee about it being crazy! All weekend it was awesome upper 70's, Sunday night was had severe thunderstorms warnings, flash flood warnings and torando watch, then come Monday evening it was snowing! then today its back into the 60's! crazy!
BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 12:24 PM   #7  
Future Glamazon

S/C/G: 254/198/170

Height: 6'2"

Wow!

And I thought I had it bad with all the crazy wind out here getting my hair static-charged and drying out my skin!

Glad you made it thru okay, jtammy.
Apple Cheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 07:46 PM   #8  

Height: 5'8"

Okay, I hate to sound like an idiot but why would you need to stay awake for a storm? The worst we get in the central valley is....nothing, really, except when there is an earthquake..
Tonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 09:01 PM   #9  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Thanks Tammy. It just started, but not at full force yet.
They warned (on the weather channel) that shoveling will be difficult as it will be very heavy. Oh well - I guess I have to look at it as a good workout!
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 10:06 PM   #10  
~~Maintainer!~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonia View Post
Okay, I hate to sound like an idiot but why would you need to stay awake for a storm? The worst we get in the central valley is....nothing, really, except when there is an earthquake..

Well, if you have a tornado in your neighborhood (as we had several last night), you don't want to be laying in bed right by the windows and my bedroom has four windows. The best place to be is in a interior room away from any windows, if you have a room like that around your house. If not, you want to be behind a big piece of furniture with cushions or pillows covering your head.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:35 PM   #11  

Height: 5'8"

Thanks, Tammy. I honestly never considered that it would be unsafe to go to sleep. How stupid it was of me to assume that everyone had a basement to go to in case of a threat.

It really is sad - I am from California and we get that alot. No, I don't live near movie/tv/rock stars and no, I don't live near the beach. lol. Thanks for clearing that up and I am glad to hear you are doing well....and that you got some sleep!
Tonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 10:36 PM   #12  
Mellow but Sassy

Today we had tiny tiny little snow mists all afternoon.

It would have made me happy if I wasn't stuck in my compounding lab all day (I did get to make cold cream, though)
Old 03-04-2008, 10:55 PM   #13  
~~Maintainer!~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonia View Post
Thanks, Tammy. I honestly never considered that it would be unsafe to go to sleep. How stupid it was of me to assume that everyone had a basement to go to in case of a threat.

It really is sad - I am from California and we get that alot. No, I don't live near movie/tv/rock stars and no, I don't live near the beach. lol. Thanks for clearing that up and I am glad to hear you are doing well....and that you got some sleep!

LOL, no problem. It would be lovely to have a basement, but the water table is too high in this part of the country to make a basement feasible. I've lived here most of my life, and no one has a basement, so basements never cross my mind. DH grew up out west and he assumed most homes had a basement , so he had to rethink that when we moved here.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:57 PM   #14  
~~Maintainer!~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Pharmacy View Post
Today we had tiny tiny little snow mists all afternoon.

It would have made me happy if I wasn't stuck in my compounding lab all day (I did get to make cold cream, though)
We never got any snow. If you're at pharmacy school where I think you're probably at, you're a little further north than I am.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:04 AM   #15  
Mellow but Sassy

Well, there's only one school here, so most likely ;>

We're so weather weird here. Most everything splits and goes either north or south of us.

I spent a while on the Coast and my cousin from Biloxi is a freshman in Atlanta. When they got their first snow this year, he called every single family member super duper excited since the only snow he could remember was the little snow a few Christmases ago.

We built a tiny tiny 6 inch snowman from all the snow we could collect off cars and porch railings that year.