General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 02-13-2008, 10:34 AM   #1  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

Default where do you guys buy your bathing suits?

I am looking for a really "fetching" bathing suit to wear on my cruise and I was wondering where you guys get yours? Have you ever ordered online? Do you buy a one-piece or a two piece? What type of suit do you feel flatters your body the best? Is anyone really excited about wearing a bathing suit after losing weight? I'm curious!!
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 11:24 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8

I like the tankinis/shorts combos at Lands' End. They have all of the comfort of a 2 piece (no wrestling the one piece when one has to use a bathroom) with the coverage of a one piece. And the shorts are great for cruises. All you need is a button down cover up top and you're good to go for casual shore excursions & lunch in the dining room.
nylisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:23 PM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I like tankinis as well, mostly because I have a longer torso. I bought my last one at Eddie Bauer.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:29 PM   #4  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

Has anyone tried on a "monokini"? I was looking at those, and I find them rather stunning, but I am not sure how that type of style would flatter my figure... it could accentuate all my good points, or it could point out all my flaws.

This is an example of a rather pretty monokini:
http://www.amazon.com/Backless-halte...922717&sr=1-63
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 02:41 PM   #5  
Happily Married

S/C/G: 194/177/145

I buy at kohls or jc penney when they start putting them on sale
Skinnybride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 02:50 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/145

Height: 5'7

I generally get my suits from Penneys, but I bought one from L.L Bean for a swimming class and I love it. It's really good quality and obviously a one piece since we were diving and etc.. After watching shows like what not to wear though I found one suit that I think would be flattering to most people from L.L Bean

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/sto...feat=503318-tn

http://www4.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?DeptID=50434&CatID=51408&GrpTyp=SIZ&ItemID =131ad1d&attrtype=&attrvalue=&CmCatId=50434|50446| 51408 This is one from JcPenneys

According to Stacey and Clinton (im addicted) This would draw your eyes to the smallest part of your body. Anything that does that would look good. I hate that L.L Bean only has black though. Thats just my 2 cents. Hope you have fun on your cruise
Rhighlan86 is offline   Reply With Quote