General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-02-2008, 10:05 PM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Knucklehead's Goin' Navy

Well Angie and I just finished meeting with the United States NAVY recruiter. We gave our consent and signed for my nephew to join and enter after his high school graduation in June.

Joining the NAVY is something he has been wanting to do now for about 6 months, I never gave him my approval or dis-approval on it. I simply told him to pray about it, research it (we have several Navy friends and family) and to make HIS own decision ~ I would support him in his decision.

I am very proud of him!

But who is going to take out my trash ~ mow my lawn ~ drive me now?

Oh yeah...Ang...............

Last edited by EZMONEY; 04-02-2008 at 10:05 PM.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:17 PM   #2  

You know, I saw Knucklehead in the title and just knew it was you!!

My goodness, your family seems to be gravitating away from your house -- first your daugher, now your nephew -- what's up with that???

I wish him the best and hope he does well. My dad was Air Force, sister Marines -- it's a tough life that darn military but I am grateful for people like your nephew who are willing to make the sacrifice!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/198.2/150

Height: 5'5

Wow...The United States NAVY just got one better! My 19 year old daughter is a Master at Arms in the U.S. NAVY and stationed in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba until November. We are beyond proud of her and she is loving her new life. She is a full time college student too, I don't know how she keeps up but she does. My Dad was in the NAVY and he is so proud of his granddaughter. Hopefully, she will be home for a visit in June....we haven't see her in almost a year!

Please tell your nephew that I thank him for his service and give him a big sailors hug for me.

GO NAVY!!!!
missingmyerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:55 PM   #4  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Gary, I know you must be so proud of him and it's great that you let him make the decision. I have the utmost respect for our military service men and women. My own son is in the Army and have 1 step-daughter that is in the Coast Guard.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:10 PM   #5  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

You must be very proud of him. I wish him all the best.

So many opportunities for him.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 11:44 AM   #6  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

So, he couldn't cut the Marines, eh?

Just kidding....I know you're proud of him....
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 12:08 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

One of our employees is in the Navy. He's loving it. He does computer work on some of the big ships. He's gone a few months here and there, but for the most part he's close to home (enough that he can work for us a couple days a week when he's not working on base). Good luck to the knucklehead, Gary.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 10:06 PM   #8  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby897 View Post
You know, I saw Knucklehead in the title and just knew it was you!!

Actually SHELBY...knucklehead is my nephew

My goodness, your family seems to be gravitating away from your house -- first your daugher, now your nephew -- what's up with that???

But FIRST it was my son that left...16 months ago that got married...what's up with that...I dunno...could be my breath!

I wish him the best and hope he does well. My dad was Air Force, sister Marines -- it's a tough life that darn military but I am grateful for people like your nephew who are willing to make the sacrifice!!
And I thank your dad and sister!

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingmyerica View Post
Wow...The United States NAVY just got one better! My 19 year old daughter is a Master at Arms in the U.S. NAVY and stationed in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba until November. We are beyond proud of her and she is loving her new life. She is a full time college student too, I don't know how she keeps up but she does. My Dad was in the NAVY and he is so proud of his granddaughter. Hopefully, she will be home for a visit in June....we haven't see her in almost a year!

Please tell your nephew that I thank him for his service and give him a big sailors hug for me.

GO NAVY!!!!
Thank God for your daughter...I have read your "missing-her-moments" in the past and have been touched! Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
Gary, I know you must be so proud of him and it's great that you let him make the decision. I have the utmost respect for our military service men and women. My own son is in the Army and have 1 step-daughter that is in the Coast Guard.
Lily I am proud of him...shhhh...don't tell him...his head is big enough as it is I know you know I too am proud of your son and step-d because I have told you so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydegirl View Post
You must be very proud of him. I wish him all the best.

So many opportunities for him.
Clydegirl it will be so much fun watching someone else "yell" at him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen415 View Post
So, he couldn't cut the Marines, eh?

That's what I was thinkin'....especially since we live less than 10 miles from Camp Pendelton!

Just kidding....I know you're proud of him....
I am Jen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
One of our employees is in the Navy. He's loving it. He does computer work on some of the big ships. He's gone a few months here and there, but for the most part he's close to home (enough that he can work for us a couple days a week when he's not working on base). Good luck to the knucklehead, Gary.
Allison now how does NAVY end up in the desert?...oh wait...my daughter, who tests NAVY SEALS always seems to be going out to 29 Palms! The NAVY ain't CSFU...but it isn't half bad either

Thanks LADIES for your wishes!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote