3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Curiosity poll on dishes and dishwashers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/130953-curiosity-poll-dishes-dishwashers.html)

nylisa 01-11-2008 01:11 PM

6, I live by myself and there's only space for a dishwasher or a washer/dryer. I don't generate a lot of dishes and the laundry room's outside & down 2 flights of stairs. So the space is better used for a washer/dryer.

JayEll 01-11-2008 01:15 PM

#2. We didn't have a dishwasher until 6 months ago, and now I wonder why not!!!

Jay

practiceliving 01-11-2008 01:35 PM

We're #6. We live in an apartment with a teenytiny kitchen with no dishwasher. Everything gets done by hand. We try to keep on top of it, because we have so little counterspace, but it's hard!

mandalinn82 01-11-2008 01:46 PM

6. All the way. Because, in my house, as I say.."we have a dishwasher...me!"

JayEll 01-11-2008 03:04 PM

All you 6's, get dishwashers! You'll never want to go back! :lol:

Jay

alinnell 01-11-2008 04:12 PM

I'm around a 3. I rarely rinse anything unless I know the dishwasher won't get it all off. And I'm so lazy that I almost NEVER wash by hand! I put EVERYTHING in the dishwasher (my Mom, she'll only run the dishwasher once a week--ewww smelly--and she'll never put in any kind of pot or pan).

misschris531 01-11-2008 04:26 PM

We're a 2. But I wash certain things by hand... the nice dishes, wine glasses, Tupperware, etc.

cbmare 01-11-2008 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alinnell (Post 1993680)
I'm around a 3. I rarely rinse anything unless I know the dishwasher won't get it all off. And I'm so lazy that I almost NEVER wash by hand! I put EVERYTHING in the dishwasher (my Mom, she'll only run the dishwasher once a week--ewww smelly--and she'll never put in any kind of pot or pan).

I'm with mom on that one. I don't put any of my knives in there, except for the flatware knives. My ceramic and other knives have never and will never see the inside of a DW. I don't put the blades of a blender or food processor in there either.

CountingDown 01-11-2008 07:12 PM

Between 2 and 3, with a bit of 6 thrown in (pots, pans, large bowls, chopsticks, and sharp knives).

EZMONEY 01-11-2008 09:58 PM

I have two dishwashers....see pic below.

tomandkara 01-12-2008 06:45 AM

#6 for now since we don't have a dishwasher here, but when we've had dishwashers, it's #2 (good knives and pots and pans washed by hand).

Kara

ETA Gary - :rofl:

ThinWithin225 01-12-2008 10:59 PM

between 2&3 here too!! ( but I have a dishwasher like EZ too named Buddy!!)

veggielover 01-13-2008 12:13 PM

# 6, I have a dishwasher, and do not intend on ever using it, as I feel it would ony make me lazier when I get used to it. I hate this whole "convenience" as commodity especially when I do have the time to wash dishes. For working mothers, however, I could understand why they would use it.

I try to minimally use dishes and pots. I won;t use "serving pieces" because that just adds more dishes to wash, more energy and water wasted when it could be placed right onto the plate when the food is done cooking. We don;t cook more than 3 items for dinner. It's cold lunch in baggies and toast without plates for breakfast. Ideally, as a family, we'd try to eat less to save mroe money and energy in general.

veggielover 01-13-2008 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EZMONEY (Post 1994127)
I have two dishwashers....see pic below.

OH my gosh, Gary.

You made my day. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

My cat could probably do the same but he has trouble with the vegetable dishes. ;)

fiberlover 01-13-2008 12:54 PM

I'm a 2. As soon as we are done eating, dishes get rinsed and put right in the dishwasher. I hate having dirty dishes in the sink. Got horrible ants from that one time, and it changed how I deal with dishes from that point on.

We don't put our non stick pans in the dishwasher, though - those are done by hand.