3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Restaurants open on Christmas day? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/129397-restaurants-open-christmas-day.html)

NightengaleShane 12-24-2007 05:55 PM

Restaurants open on Christmas day?

Does anyone know what restaurants are open on Christmas? My girlfriend and I want to go out to eat tomorrow, but I'm wondering what's open.

Suggestions, anyone? :)

Lafayette 12-24-2007 06:04 PM

Tough call. You may want to check if nicer places are serving brunch. Beyond that, have you considered ordering a really nice meal from the grocery store deli and dining at home? You can order a roasted chicken (or other meat), starch, veggies and dessert (This is how I survive when it's my turn to host), usually for a pretty decent price.

Good luck... even McDonald's was closed on Thanksgiving around here so I wish you well!

tamaralynn 12-24-2007 06:09 PM

Try Denny's We've been there before on Christmas (in Canada though)

L144S 12-24-2007 06:13 PM

Many Chinese resturaunts are open on Christmas. We will be going to a movie and Chinese for dinner tomorrow. Have fun!

GatorgalstuckinGA 12-24-2007 06:55 PM

honestly, most chain resturants are open. You might also want to try one of the hotels...for instance the double tree (i think its a hilton now) might have one. I would just open up the phone book and call...you would be surpirsed. A lot of the smaller ma and pop places will be closed...but definately check the chains..most are open. And of course chinese are almost all open. There's a bunch in g'ville, i'm pretty sure many will be open. I did christmas day in g'ville before and there were several open last year. good luck!

techwife 12-24-2007 07:06 PM

We have a Chinese restaurant here and there is a sign that says, "We open on Christmas!" Funny how you can hear the accent in just four little words. :lol:

Have a merry Christmas!!

NightengaleShane 12-24-2007 07:26 PM

Hehehe, sounds like we will be getting some Chinese food, then! :D Most Asian places are open on Christmas, I would assume, because they're not usually Christian and therefore don't really celebrate Christmas.

I wonder if any sushi places are open.

And I see that a bunch of hotel restaurants are open - I've never eaten at any of the ones here... I hope they're good!

I think I am going to call places tomorrow. If they answer the phone, they are obviously open! ;)

I thought about getting a precooked Christmas feast (Publix does 'em) but you have to order it in advance, so needless to say... I would be alittle late for that...

kaplods 12-24-2007 08:41 PM

My husband worked in an upscale chinese restaurant, and while the owners are Christian chinese-americans, they stay open on Christmas to accomodate the common american jewish tradition of going out for chinese food and a movie on Christmas day.

shrinkinglizzy 12-25-2007 12:48 AM

sorry to be repetitive, but I'm a Jew, and the NJ Jewish tradition is Chinese food and a movie on Christmas. You can count on the Chinese places to be open. Good luck!!

improbable 12-25-2007 03:22 AM

Exactly what i was going to say, come join us Jews! Chinese food and a movie, every year. Of course, right now i'm in israel where EVERYTHING is open but...

cianocue 12-25-2007 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NightengaleShane (Post 1968980)
Hehehe, sounds like we will be getting some Chinese food, then! :D Most Asian places are open on Christmas, I would assume, because they're not usually Christian and therefore don't really celebrate Christmas.

I wonder if any sushi places are open.

And I see that a bunch of hotel restaurants are open - I've never eaten at any of the ones here... I hope they're good!

I think I am going to call places tomorrow. If they answer the phone, they are obviously open! ;)

I thought about getting a precooked Christmas feast (Publix does 'em) but you have to order it in advance, so needless to say... I would be alittle late for that...

:oI'm Asian, Yes, most of Chinese Rest. are open on Christmas because we work hard and to serve the community. Most of us are Christians and we do celebrate Christmas. Thanks!

JayEll 12-25-2007 07:36 AM

(Oops! Another assumption crashes and burns! ;) )

Hey cianocue, :welcome:

Jay

AnnRue 12-25-2007 08:06 AM

Try IHOP, that is where we are going.

NightengaleShane 12-25-2007 12:49 PM

Yup, the Asians are definitely hardworking people :D As for the Christian thing, most Asians I've met are actually Buddhist, with the exception of one Catholic who is Vietnamese and told me that Vietnam actually has a large Catholic population ;)

I'm sorry to assume... it makes an *** out of U and ME :p in any case, :wel3fc: cianocue!

GatorgalstuckinGA 12-25-2007 06:24 PM

so N-shane..what did you have for din?