3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Cologne for men (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/128974-cologne-men.html)

Pita09 12-16-2007 07:49 AM

Cologne for men

I'm wanting to buy my sweetie some new cologne for Christmas but I don't know what I would love. I understand this is subjective and each nose is different. My problem is that if I go smell a bunch of scents my sinuses will act up and I'll get a terrible headache.

He is currently using the new Old Spice and I do like that smell. It's clean and masculine. I just want something different.

What are you favorites? I don't want to spend over $40 for the stuff..... unless the very smell makes me swoon with passion. ;)

So please, any help will be appreciated.

JerseyGyrl 12-16-2007 11:19 AM

Bath & Body Works Woodland...they make Shower Gel, Spray Skin Refresher, Shave Gel, Skin Conditioner and Cologne. Its reasonably priced too!

freeqeegrl 12-16-2007 11:48 AM

ok heres my list of best colones .........

mary-kay "domain" - the handsome gentlemen smell
"hummer" - manly man smell
kenneth cole "black" - kinda a rich guy smell
antonio banderas - latin lover smell
and "nascar" - active guy

i know they all sound strange. but they smell so very good. i put little definitions of the smell ha ha or i tried to at least

LindseyLouWho 12-16-2007 06:12 PM

My two faves so far are:

Gaultier 2 - Amber and vanilla-ey... sweet and spicy, and I believe it's unisex. When I bought it last year it ran about $55 for the small bottle.
Wings - This has dropped in price over the years.. very "clean" scent without the typical overwhelming odor of usual men's colognes (what I refer to as the armpit smell haha). I think I saw it for like $20 somewhere... maybe even at Walmart.

Nori71 12-16-2007 06:31 PM

My favorite on my DH is Romance by Ralph Lauren. It's gentle & tender, manly, playful & sporty all at the same time. It's not as spicy as other men's frags, IMO. To me it's simply divine!

**Top Notes: Pistacio Leaves, Iced Lavender, Mandarin Peel
**Middle Notes: Fresh Wood of Wacapou, Indian Basil, Wild Tiger Lily
**Base Notes: Bristle Cone Pine, Sheer Vetiver blend, Clean Musk

Pita09 12-16-2007 08:00 PM

Thanks ladies. I have written down these names and will take my nose shopping later in the week. :)

EZMONEY 12-16-2007 10:58 PM

All I know is that Angie loved Polo Sport on me. If I wore it on "date night" I knew I was gonna get lucky! ;)

Nori71 12-16-2007 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EZMONEY (Post 1962721)
All I know is that Angie loved Polo Sport on me. If I wore it on "date night" I knew I was gonna get lucky! ;)

Dh wore RL Polo Sport when we met and for the first few years of marriage. I LOVED it also, but when he switched to Romance it was kinda magical!:D

melekalikimaka 12-17-2007 01:18 PM

OK, the one that always makes my knees weak (but only when DH is wearing it!) is Obession for men by Calvin Klein. That was one of his original scents when we first started dating. Just the scent of it brings back memories :devil:

He is currently wearing Polo Blue for men, I got him a gift set with the cologne and a deodorant stick... and the deodorant stick alone is enough fragance all by itself. It's pretty light, airy and clean smelling.

One of my other favorites on him is Armani Code or Very Sexy 2 by Victoria's Secret.