Trader Joe's Recall of Pinjur

• I know that many people on 3FC like to shop at Trader Joe's (myself included) so just in case you haven't heard about the recall (I hadn't until they mentioned it on the radio this morning) I thought I'd post the information below from the Trader Joe's website:

"1. Message To Our Customers About Trader Joe’s Pinjur
    To our valued customers: Please check your pantries and refrigerators at home for any Trader Joe's Pinjur with a "Best By: 10/2009" code date. We have voluntarily recalled this product because it may contain pieces of glass. Upon discovery of the problem, all product was removed from sale at our stores and destroyed. If you purchased our Pinjur with the specified code date, please do not eat it. Please return the product (full or empty) to any Trader Joe’s for a full refund.

At Trader Joe's, there is nothing more important to us than the safety or our customers and crew, and the quality of our products. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."

http://traderjoes.com/action_issues.asp#Pinjur

I also found some more information from the FDA's website:

"FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE -- December 7, 2007 -- Trader Joe's Company of Monrovia, California is voluntarily recalling 1,000 cases of 12 oz jars of Trader Joe's Pinjur (a traditional Macedonian condiment made with roasted peppers, eggplant, and tomatoes), UPC 00529068, Best By 10/2009. The Best By date can be found printed on the top of the lid. The product is being recalled because customers reported finding small pieces of glass in the product.

Trader Joe's Pinjur was potentially sold from Trader Joe's retail stores in Arizona, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C., and Wisconsin.

Upon discovery of the problem, the product was removed from sale in all Trader Joe's stores and put on hold in all Trader Joe's distribution centers."

http://www.fda.gov/oc/po/firmrecalls...rjoe12_07.html

I've never used the stuff, but I figured someone on here might!