General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 12-04-2007, 10:58 PM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default What Can I Get Her For $25

OK GALS ~ I need some ideas ~ I drew my daughter's name for our extended family Christmas Eve gift exchange. Angie takes care of the "SANTA" stuff so I am usually off the hook...she says this one is on me...as it should be...so..

What does a 24 yr. old girl want for Christmas? That a dad can get with a $25 limit.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 11:16 PM   #2  

I am new here, but as a 24-year-old woman, I thought I could help...

Obviously, it depends on your daughter, but there are somethings that are pretty safe bets.

1. Bath and Body Works stuff. Pick something that smells nice and buy the matching lotion and body wash, or find one of the gift sets that they have picked out.

2. A gift certificate for a manicure. $25 is about right for a manicure at a high-end spa. (You can find some that are less, but they might be less sanitary.)

3. If you want to do something more personal, root through all your old photos and pick out some from her childhood and pictures of you together and so on (any pictures with sentimental value) and have them made into a collage at your local print shop.

I'm sure I could think of more, but it's finals season and my brain is wracked. Hope it helps.

Laine
mrowmrowsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 11:17 PM   #3  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

A manicure or a pedicure (although this compeltely depends on where you go), an iTunes giftcard (from her dad, the music junkie-IF she has an ipod), or just some music that you have in common (maybe not Neil, huh Gary?), a book about a place the two of you have been together, or something that reminds you of that place. After a family trip to the beach which included an afternoon trying to make the perfect margarita, my dad got me a really cool blender a month later at Christmas. I thought that was pretty sweet. He also got me a teapot beacuse we always have tea together in the mornings because we're the first ones up.

Of course, you could always go the tacky Christmas sweater route- always a favorite in my family for some odd reason...
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 11:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Well personally I love gift sets of lotions and body sprays etc. Usually I get them from Bath and Body Works or Victorias Secret, they have some amazing sets.

These are some of my favorites:
http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/prod...entPage=family

http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/prod...entPage=family

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/comm...ZZZ&rfnbr=3898

~I personally love the above one because it comes with a cute little purse too.

Also, I recently found a website called gifts.com you can pick the person that you are choosing for specifically.

Hope this helps...I'll let you know if there's anything else I think of
Rhighlan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 11:45 PM   #5  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Does she like coffee?

You could buy an inexpensive big cup.

Target is selling packets of flavoured coffee for $1. Get some flavoured coffeemate.

Buy some biscotti and some other nice cookies, Pepperidge Farm my favourites.

Some nice chocolate as well.

Put it all together in a nice gift set.

If all else fails Bath And Body Works or Victoria's Secret bath products.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 12:13 AM   #6  
Wild Angels

Height: 5'2

Or you could ask your daughter to do a wish list on Amazon.com so you can get her whatever's on that list...

In general...gift cards from her favorite stores....can't go wrong there....
NemesisClaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 01:00 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Personally, I'm eye-ing the "Daring Book for Girls" it's the female version of the "Dangerous Book for Boys." Yes, I know it's meant for teenage girls, but it still looks like a fun book.

Question... Is this the same daughter that just got married? Is there something off of her registry that she didn't get? Registries are usually up for several months after a wedding.

Otherwise I'd suggest, Bath & Body Works, a girly pink tool kit (always handy to have), artisan chocolates, or perhaps a promise of a Daddy & Daughter day at the movies or something similar.

Myself, I have my DH's grandfather in our gift exchange and I'm racking my brain to get him something that isn't the same old thing we always get.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 06:05 AM   #8  
Addicted to potato salad!

A Big Bottle Of Wind Song!!

Personally, I'd crochet an afghan and wrap it up with a big cup and a box of good hot cocoa. But since you don't crochet...

You could do a basket or bag filled with slippers, smelly stuff from bath and body works and other girly stuff. And a framed picture of you and her together somewhere...even if she was a little girl. Actually, especially if she is a little girl. And a CD of songs you and her like.

Good luck! I'm sure you'll find something fabulous!!
techwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 06:06 AM   #9  
Addicted to potato salad!

Oh, and for the record, I love Wind Song.
techwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 06:12 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

How about a nice pair of pyjamas? (and a little bottle of Wind Song)
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 07:51 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

I think a gift certificat to any place she loves to shop at...weather its a mall or spa. Personally im a big fan of origins for facial stuff. But really give us some ideas of what your daughter likes???? What does she do in her free time, does she have an ipod (an itunes gift card would be great). Is she a fan of sports...etc...give us a bit more info on her and maybe we could come up with a killer gift. You'd be suprised what you could get for 25$
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 08:48 AM   #12  
The Pink Champagne

S/C/G: 165/114/110

Height: 5'2"

Well, I'm 23...maybe I can help.

Right now, I'm trying to build up my work wardrobe so I'm asking for giftcards to places such as Express and Banana Republic.

I second the mani-pedi gift certificate.

Magazine subscriptions! For $25, you might could even get 2! I love Glamour, Cosmopolitan, Marie Claire, Cooking Light, Shape...

Really, any gift certificate.

Bath and Body Works is good...but you may end up getting a scent she doesn't like. I personally like the Victoria's Secret lotions better. But I don't use them a lot since I wear perfume everyday and don't want the scents to mix.

I'm trying to think...I had a really hard time making my Christmas list this year!
DGAdDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 09:25 AM   #13  

Since you are SO awesome, how about a day out with dad? Make a little certificate maybe -- since you have gotten into such awesome shape, maybe some hiking and out to lunch?

Is she the one who just got married? If so I second the "check out the gift registry" suggestion.
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 09:39 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Here are my ideas:

~Do you know anywhere in particular that she likes to shop, or that she has clothing from? If you did a gift card, try to think of places that you know she shops at.

~If you do a Bath and Body Works lotion/body wash/scent, there is a scent that personally I think you cannot go wrong with. Some ladies like florals, some fruity, some musky...so if you get into those scents you might get something she doesn't like-BUT-they have a body wash/bubble bath/body lotion in a scent called "Forever Frosting" and it has a cupcake on the front. Literally, this stuff smells JUST like vanilla cake batter-so much so, that I almost want to eat it. I don't think you can go wrong with that scent-if you go in there, ask one of the associates to show you where it is. It is TRULY that fabulous.

~Is your daughter a coffee or tea lover? If so, think about what she likes. If she likes coffee, I would get her a nice bag of Starbucks, Millstone, or some other gourmet coffee, a box or two of Nonni's biscotti (you can get them in the cookie/cracker section, or coffee section of most stores) they are DIVINE, and only 100 calories each. I would make sure that whatever you get for this is or looks, high end. You don't want to put Maxwell House or Coffee Mate in there, because that is something that she would normally buy herself, not a splurge. You can go in Starbucks and get individually wrapped tea biscuits, cups/mugs, and so on.

~If she is a tea lover instead, Target sells Numi teas, and a clear teapot (in the teapot section) and the teas "flower" as they brew. They are rather lovely...you could do the same thing as above-add a mug, biscotti, and so on.

~Does she drink/like wine? Check and see if there is a local winery near you. A nice bottle of wine at a local winery is usually $10-$20, and you can get beautiful wine bags/wrap about anywhere-they even sell them at The Dollar Tree for $1.00. A local bottle means more, and is usually tastier than one you would pick up at any store. Add a small gift, such as a bottle stopper, or a set of wine charms.

~If she is a chocolate lover, I know where you can get THE absolute best truffles in the entire world. It makes Godiva taste like generic. Truffles the size of Cadbury eggs, and the filling is so smooth it is the texture of pudding. PM me if she is a chocolate lover.

~Call her new husband. Ask him if he knows of anything that she wants, or has mentioned.

~
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 07:59 PM   #15  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphil View Post

~Call her new husband. Ask him if he knows of anything that she wants, or has mentioned.

~
CALL HER husband ...about what? The guy is cluless! I might as well talk to a box of rocks...call her husband ...funny APHIL...funny....there are a few things I'd like to call him...now on the other hand my daughter in law ....

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! ~ I will respond to each of you later tonight or tomorrow night. We have Advent dinner and service tonight at church so right now...with my typing, time is a factor!

And YES she is the one that just got married...I pray each night she sees the error in her decision.....to leave her daddy.

Last edited by EZMONEY; 12-05-2007 at 07:59 PM.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote