Haircut, eyebrows and upper lip waxed

• I'm getting all these things done today, to get all "pretty" for my vacation next week. I'm getting them done at the same place, by, what I think will be the same person. What would be an appropriate tip?
  • At least 20%.I had my hair cut yesterday , I hate it ,I hope you have better luck.
  • That's what I was going to say...doesn't matter if you are having different things done. If it is the same person doing them all and you are satisfied with the service I too would tip 20%...that's what I normally tip. If they do an excellent job and makes me really happy sometimes I add a little more.
  • As a hairdresser that does all of those services, I have to say I'd be happy with a $5 tip. I've had $10 tips and, although I was extremely appreciative and knew I had a very happy customer, I kind of thought it was a bit extravagant.

Also, word to the wise, if you use a credit card to pay and add the tip to the receipt, where I used to work, the tip was taken out of my paycheck so it could be claimed in my taxes. So, if you really want to do it nicely, use cash for the tip.

Hope everything turns out nicely!! Post pictures!!
  • Quote: As a hairdresser that does all of those services, I have to say I'd be happy with a $5 tip. I've had $10 tips and, although I was extremely appreciative and knew I had a very happy customer, I kind of thought it was a bit extravagant.

Also, word to the wise, if you use a credit card to pay and add the tip to the receipt, where I used to work, the tip was taken out of my paycheck so it could be claimed in my taxes. So, if you really want to do it nicely, use cash for the tip.

Hope everything turns out nicely!! Post pictures!!

everything turned out good. I ended up giving her 7 bucks for a tip. And she only charged me $8.00 for the both waxes, so that was nice. ( Usually it's $8.00 each )

I will try to post a couple before and after pics tonight, i took some, but it's funny how bad pictures I take of myself turn out, you know, the hold the camera away from your face and say cheese!
  • long hair

short hair-with some weight off too, not sure I can tell or not yet though.