Dressing rooms....

• Am I the only one? I went to try on some clothes today, and I don't know what... but those dressing rooms have the worst lighting, made my hair turn a funny color, showed every little dinky line and I just looked like ****.

Why do they have those crazy lights, when you try on clothes you want to feel as good as you can. I felt fat and frumpy, bought a few basics, dark colors, that was about it.
  • You are not the only one, lol. I am too weird about dressing rooms anyway and the majority of time I will just buy something and try it on at home. if it fits then yay, if not I just take it back. I must say though, I haven't had to take many things back so it works for me.
  • you would think stores would have great lighting & mirrors in the dressing rooms - the better we look the more we will buy
  • You are right, the lighting is terrible.

I put something on and then go out and have the hubby look at it. If I am trying something " personal" on I have him come to the door and look at it. If I get the Wolf whistle I buy if not I don't lol. Colors look terrible in most dressing rooms and you can't stand far enough away from the mirror to really get a good look at the clothes anyway.
  • Have any of you tried on clothes in higher-end stores? The dressing rooms at White House Black Market are AMAZING - you look good in everything. But their clothes are so pricey that looking good in everything is NOT good for the budget. They are a special-occasion-only stop for me.

In lower-priced stores, where I do the majority of my shopping, the lighting IS terrible. But I use it to my advantage...I have a tendency to buy clothes that I don't -love- because they fit now and I love that things fit. Now I tell myself that I can only buy things that look good in the dressing room lighting, because if they look good THERE, they will look good ANYWHERE.
  • manda
    That is why I said most. If you want to pay the big bucks they will look like they should in the store. I do not want to pay big bucks for something that is going to fit a month or two lol.
  • Dressing rooms always make me really depressed... I've been known to cry in them. That's actually one of the reasons I decided THIS was going to be the time once and for all- because just for once I want to go and try something on and not feel like a fat swamp thing when I look in the mirror.