General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-30-2007, 08:35 AM   #16  
Renee

S/C/G: 197/Ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

I'm with all of you when it comes to Sandra Lee... OMG... and so is my husband. We both can't stand Rachel Ray either, she get annoying after about the first 5 minutes of the shows. For Emeril, I don't mind the show so much although I won't miss it when it's gone because it is getting to be the same show after show. Alton Brown is definately my husband and I's favorite. I atleast learn something new every show. We both like Paula Deen and Giada DeLaurentis, and love watching Throwdown with Bobby Flay. Food Network is like on my tv ALL the time. Even my 2 kids will change the channel from cartoons to watch "cooking"....

We love Top Chef on Bravo.. Although I hate that the most annoying person on the show has won the last 2 times....
Sexyshado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 09:14 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I don't watch Food Network very often , most of the food they prepare is too tempting. too many calories, especially Paula Deen.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 09:20 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 225/198.2/150

Height: 5'5

I love watching Paula Deen taste the food she prepares. She so obviously loves food, you can almost taste it....with all the lip smacking and moaning she does! I live vicariously through her!
missingmyerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 12:14 PM   #19  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Where did you find Sandra Lee's bio? I'd be interested in reading that.

I really like Ellie K. I've started incorporating some of her recipes in our meals now that boobalah is FINALLY being supportive.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 12:19 PM   #20  

Height: 5'4"

I'm another who never really understood the appeal of the show. Too loud for my tastes!

Suzanne, I think Sandra Lee will be on forever. From what I understand her ratings are pretty good. Too bad the ratings are probably driven by people who watch for the same reasons they look at train wrecks!
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 12:50 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

I wish they would pull Paula Deen... her show grosses me out. Even pre-diet, I can't imagine cooking with the amount of butter and salt she uses!

Food Network in Canada gets some of the same shows as in the US, but some of our own... I looove Chef at Home - Michael Smith cooks dinner for his wife and young son in his home kitchen and his suggestions are always interesting. Recently, I've become addicted to Jamie at Home, the new Jamie Oliver show... dunno if they play that one in the US, but it's soo good.
practiceliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 01:21 PM   #22  
I wanna be a loser, too

Remember the Next Food Network Star? The one that Guy won? Remember Nate? He has an awesome show on Discovery Health. We catch that whenever we can. We love Chef At Home. Haven't heard of Jamie's new show. Wonder if he's at home because of the baby.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:30 PM   #23  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

The sad thing is, I think plenty of people watch Sandra Lee because they think she is really onto something.

I keep threatening to make my family a SL Kwanzaa Cake at Christmas...ew.

She represents everything that I dislike about a typical American mentality toward food...taking credit for things that aren't yours, using salt-laden seasoning packets and packaged foods, incredible amounts of waste, and usually, using convenience products that don't save you much time at all compared to real cooking. I mean, whipping cream from fresh takes 5 minutes, tops. I recognize that getting out a tub of cool whip is faster, but really, does 5 min make such a difference that it is worth having to add something to "make it taste like homemade"?
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 01:47 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 187.4/147.4/129

Height: 5'2"

I saw that- I'm not incredibly disappointed.. because I don't really tune into Emeril too often - he's a bit overplayed for me, I AM surprised they canceled it, though! He's a HUGE name on that channel.

I do agree with everyone on Sandra Lee Not only would I make most of what she does... but I find her REALLY very boring to watch.
Erika79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 05:29 PM   #25  
I'm a Loser ;)

S/C/G: SCG: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by call me e View Post
I don't watch foodnetwork that much anymore, but when I do, it's usually Good Eats with Alton Brown.
Hah! That guy's a hoot!

I love Barefoot Contessa. And The Naked Chef (woo woo).

Just for fun, I really like watching the Iron Chef (both Japan and America).
tamaralynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 05:36 PM   #26  
Wild Angels

Height: 5'2

I'm curious though...seems like every time I turn it to Barefoot Contessa, it's a repeat. I haven't seen a new show from her in ages....the other day, the Food Network finally did this holiday cookie show, and Ina Garten was FINALLY a part of it.....it's so rare to see her join in her fellow chefs on any group effort on that channel....
NemesisClaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 09:16 PM   #27  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

As long as they don't take Rachael or Giada off I will be OK with it...I'm still waiting for Sandra Lee to do a "drywall hanging/taping and texture" theme, then I can be done with her!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 09:19 PM   #28  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalinn82 View Post
.... but really, does 5 min make such a difference....
Well Amanda it can...if junior has to go potty
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 08:11 PM   #29  
I wanna be a loser, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
I'm still waiting for Sandra Lee to do a "drywall hanging/taping and texture" theme, then I can be done with her!