General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-28-2007, 07:21 AM   #31  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

NO!! I have a huge passion for shoes. Cute shoes! Crocs are so ugly and I wouldn't be caught dead wearing them. I only think they look cute on children under 6, and I do think they are suitable if you are a nurse and already wearing something bright with a silly print.
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 09:56 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 260/209/150

Height: 5'6"

Most of the nurses on my floor wear them, in fact a lot of people in the hospital do. I noticed they're come out with a rx line. I'm really thinking about getting the relief ones. Anyone tried them?
Jessie_777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 10:19 PM   #33  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

Crocs are a fashion Don't in my eyes. But the sad part is I actually owned a pair about 5 years back. I bought them to wear to the pool and in my garden, but man do they get your feet dirty with all of those holes in them.

They were a fashion mistake from my past, and I can't even believe I am admitting I owned a pair. I truly think they are meant for gardeners and thats about it! When I see men or women wearing them now, I just cringe, kinda like wearing sandals with socks, that too is not politically correct in my eyes EVER!
evilwomaniamshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 11:06 PM   #34  
Mommy of 6, 4, almost 1!!

S/C/G: 194.6/179.2/155

Height: 5'1"

This is a very interesting topic.

When I spent a month with my in-laws in Texas, apparently a trip to Payless was mandatory to get me, my husband, and the kids some. Even my 12 month old a little baby size 2! awww So, yes..... I wore them to death then threw them out when they died. Washington isn't really the right climate, they are no good for puddle jumping!!

A side note: I've seen 2 guys at church wearing them with their suit and ties (black ones), and I thought that was a little different. But.... whatever. I guess we don't go to church for shoe inspection. hehe
shoupfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 12:08 AM   #35  
hara hachi bu

If you have feet problems or hard-to-fit feet, crocs can be a lifesaver.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 01:49 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 187/173/125

I agree and think they are ugly as sin. I always said I'd never buy a pair. I also said I'd never try a pair on, because they probably are comfortable and I'd have to buy them just because of that.

And of course, I did try a pair on one day. And they are amazingly comfortable. And I bought them. I think they're great. Especially in the warmer weather (the holes help me with circulation so my feet feel more cool). Definitely not the next hit on the runway, but I don't care much about fashion anyway. Plus, the pants I own are a little long on me, so they cover most of the shoe anyway. Most people don't even notice I have Crocs on.

And I have the the same dark brown, Mary Jane style that you own melekalikimaka! I thought they were the "cutest" of the Crocs. Plus, they are wide, and they may make my feet look wide, but I don't care. I like that I have room in them because of that.

But of course, to each his own. I hate high heels and stilettos while other women live by them everyday. I've got my Crocs and Sketchers sneakers that would probably repulse most "fashionable" people. Who cares, I like them. =]
leanmoomercows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 08:26 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/145

Height: 5'7

They are incredibly comfortable, but terribly ugly. The croc brand is trying to make them more fashionable though and I actually think the Mary-Janes are cute. I have a pair to wear down at the beach for getting in and out of the boat. The gripping really helps then
Rhighlan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 11:27 AM   #38  
Method to the Madness

S/C/G: 381.4/in the middle/160

Height: 5'9

They are very comfortable, except for I can't get a pair to fit me right... all of them that I tried on were very, very wide (and I don't have narrow feet!). They'd slip on my feet and I didn't want to compensate by sacrificing length. *sigh* I guess it just wasn't meant to be... haha.

But yes, I think they're ugly. I'm pretty eccentric though so maybe I can get away with it? Yes? No?
LindseyLouWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 12:50 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I can't believe such a hideous shoe is so popular. Glad they are comfy, but I would never buy any to wear in public (maybe as a gardening shoe, maybe).
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 01:04 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 260/209/150

My husband can't believe I want to get a pair lol I plan on getting them for work only. Being on my feet all the time makes it hard to find the right shoes Any tried the relief style yet?

Last edited by Jessie_777; 12-11-2007 at 01:07 AM.
Jessie_777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 01:08 AM   #41  

Okay, I must admit I love these style of shoes. I have bought a pair of pink plastic flats that are completely flexible and bendable. A sort of offspring of the Croc but not as bulky. I ADORE them. I know that some people consider these a major fashion NO NO but schleping around campus all day has made me become soooooo not concerned with footwear.
Koren Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 12:49 PM   #42  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I think they are hideously ugly and would not wear a pair even out to check my mail. When I was working in a hospital I couldn't believe so many nurses and Dr.'s wore them.

I have to say that seeing little kids wear them is not as totally gross as seeing grown-ups wear them, especially men.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 03:10 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/170

Height: 65.5 inches

I am a nurse and I love them for work. I don't know about people wearing them elsewhere. My DH got my 3 year old twins a pair over the summer and they loved them.
tjjsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 04:27 PM   #44  

I've never liked the looks of them but dd and my sis love them. My sis uses them for gardening and dd is a nurse. However, she doesn't wear them anymore to work after all the hubbub and, as she said, you can't run in them for a crash cart as well as tennis shoes.

Here's an article that caught my eye: http://jezebel.com/gossip/frightenin...ned-296699.php

After reading your posts, I've decided to give a pair a try as I'm having some horrid heel problems and maybe if I wore those around the house rather than my houseshoes. Even the Dr. prescribed supports for my shoes don't help when this heel flares up. Might as well give the crocs a try and I'll have a nice pair of easy-to-wash gardening shoes for next Spring if nothing else.

ETA - I found a pair at JCPenney last night on sale and bought them. Does anyone know if there is a difference between the off-brands and the actual ones? I'm also thinking my sis got hers from a specialty company as they were recommended by her Dr. years ago before they became popular. I remember when I first saw them and thought how ugly they were! Now here I am wearing a pair.

Another link I just found about the Crocs Rx: http://online.wsj.com/public/article...tml?mod=crnews So, it appears there probably is definitely a difference.

Last edited by poohshunny; 12-13-2007 at 09:09 AM.
poohshunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 11:09 AM   #45  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

the ugliest thing since orange and green striped velour

but I still want a pair..I need a pair of sock friendly slip ons with support for post racing. Especially in the relay race I do where you have about 8 hours between runs and you dont want to wear the sweaty shoes all that time. And the alternative is birks which is $$ and with running socks---just as tacky!

(and yes...in oregon they DO wear socks with crocs )

Last edited by ennay; 12-13-2007 at 11:12 AM.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote