3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   What are you reading? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/126565-what-you-reading.html)

StillTryin 11-07-2007 02:15 PM

I am reading 74 Seaside Avenue by Debbie Macomber. It is the newest in a long series, I get a new one each year in September and usually have it finished in a week, but this year I have been busy so I have only got to pick it up last week. But I should be done in a couple days, then I will be looking again!

lointhecity 11-08-2007 04:38 PM

:carrot: I finished harry potter the other day. Now I'm reading Gabriel Garcia Marquez 100 aņos de soledad . no idea what's the english title, though.

NEWYEARNEWME 11-08-2007 04:56 PM

Double Cross, Jame Patterson I love a good thriller and I love the Alex Cross novels by James.

JULS

Pallas 11-08-2007 07:39 PM

I love to read but once I started school this semester I didn't have time to read. So the last thing I've read is Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I read the entire series over the summer. Before that though I read The Guardian by Nicholas Sparks. I really like his books, I love love stories.

shadowclaw 11-08-2007 07:59 PM

Just ordered Stardust from Amazon (loved the movie), so I'll be reading that soon

Some recent reads:
The Icewind Dale Trilogoy (in progress)
Blood and Chocolate
Interview with the Vampire
Pride and Prejudice
The Scarlet Letter

techwife 11-09-2007 06:04 AM

I have been on a kick reading about the queens of England that were Henry VIII's wives. What a SOAP OPERA! I first read The Other Boleyn Girl, by Phillipa Gregory...then Mary, Queen of France by Jean Plaidy....now I'm reading The Boleyn Inheritance by Phillipa Gregory.

If you're into historical romance...these books are for you!!

modkittn 11-09-2007 08:07 AM

I just finished the Piers Anthony book I was reading. I have one of Terry Pratchett's Discworld books in my queue, but I am really tempted to read The Mist and The Golden Compass (actually all of the His Dark Materials trilogy) before the movies come out!

DGAdDawg 11-09-2007 08:46 AM

Jumping in..I'm currently reading The Boelyn Inheritance and its ok...I don't like it as much as I did The Other Boelyn Girl which I read last week and LOVED. I can't wait to see the movie. I'm kinda hurrying through this one cause I have 3 books from the library waiting on me:

Stop Dressing Your Six Year Old Like A Skank---Being from GA, I love reading southern humor books, especially about southern women.
Perfect Girls, Starving Daughters
Deadly Persuasion--By Jean Kilbourne, it talks about the effect of advertising on women and young girls. I've seen her "Killing Me Softly" videos in my advertising classes in school and I like her work. And, I'm an advertising nerd...good thing I plan on making communications my career!

And I plan on buying soon...or maybe asking for Christmas..Rhett Butler's People. I'm so stereotypical---From Georgia and LOVE LOVE LOVE Gone With The Wind. I of course love the movie and i've read the book 3 or 4 times.

StillTryin 11-09-2007 09:29 AM

DGA, OMG "Gone with the Wind" has to be my all time FAVORITE movie and book.......

rubberlegs 11-09-2007 09:49 AM

Slash's autobiography :devil:

DGAdDawg 11-09-2007 12:42 PM

Quote:

OMG "Gone with the Wind" has to be my all time FAVORITE movie and book.......
Same here...However, I found that while I LOVE Scarlett in the movie...reading the book, she makes me want to strangle her! Rhett is so obviously in love with her and she's an idiot!!

ANOther 11-09-2007 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lointhecity (Post 1923453)
:carrot: I finished harry potter the other day. Now I'm reading Gabriel Garcia Marquez 100 aņos de soledad . no idea what's the english title, though.

One Hundred Years of Solitude

weezerloo 11-10-2007 03:34 AM

After reading the final Harry Potter this summer, I wanted to start back from the beginning and read through the series again. But alas, with the 10-11 hour work days I've been having, I am still at the Beginning of Goblet of Fire. Hopefully I can spend a lot of the three day weekend reading it. I am dying to reread Deathly Hallows again, but I won't let myself until I finish the others. :book2:

bargoo 11-10-2007 08:19 PM

I'm reading " The Faith Club " this book is written by three women, a Christian, a Muslim and a Jew. Written after 9/11 a non fiction book about these three women of different faiths.

sxulcmnky 11-11-2007 01:40 PM

thanks to posts in here... i have picked up I Mona Lisa.... i've been reading it for a couple of days now and really like it. i need to carve out some time to read it more.