Disney's It's a Small World

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Did you hear that Disneyland's ride, It's a Small World, is going to be closed for a year? It has to revamp the ride because when it was originally built in 1963, it was made for men weighing an average of 175 and women averaging 135. In today's time, those weights are no longer common. Here's a link to the report:

http://calorielab.com/news/2007/10/2...er-passengers/
  • omg! I never thought of that being a problem! wow! That would be so embarassing being asked to leave a ride because of your size!
  • Wow. That is incredible and kind of sad.

Same with airplanes - the total weight they use to calculate fuel consumption has been increased.
  • That IS sad . Still, the ride is 44 years old, it really needed at least a little bit of cosmetic work as well along with safety and structural improvements anyway. I'm glad I got to see it twice within the past 2 years in all it's original glory. Cheesetastic!
  • Very interesting. Thanks for posting this link.
  • That is sad. I've been on that ride at well over 175 lbs (well over).

The one I thought was tricky was the mattahorn ride. DH and I rode it together (I being 275 lbs, him 130 lbs) and we barely fit together. If he wasn't so skinny, it would've never worked.
  • aww I read the title and remembered the song!!

This is my fav. version of the song! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5QHfoX_H4c

This chick is a really amazing singer.
  • If I remember right...and I usually don't...I thought they were going to close that ride down because no one wanted to ride it. Maybe it's because they didn't fit?
  • opps...Loved the link LOINTHECITY
  • yes, quite an amazing singer BUT sounds like the typical Disney/broadway musical fare......not that that's a bad thing, it's just, well... not my first choice in music appreciation.
  • WOW! That's an amazing version of the song.

On the ride .... it would totally suck to bottom out!
  • I don't dare listen to the song . I won't be able to get it out of my head for weeks.
  • well, yeah, it's been known to happen, its a catchy tune. But a beautiful one.
  • I love Disney!
  • I think it re-opened