3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Earphones for Running... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/125911-earphones-running.html)

denialisnthappiness 10-28-2007 07:51 AM

Earphones for Running...

I'm not sure if this should go here (general chatter) or in the exercise forum so apologies if it's in the wrong place.

Just a quick query really - I've been running/jogging/whatever for a while now - currently I use a creative zen mp3 player with creative in ear headphones (just the standard ones you get with it). Now I'm thinking of getting a 4gig ipod nano in january (bring on january sales) but that's by the by. The annoying thing is the headphones! Some days I can put mine in and they don't move until I take them out when I get home. Other days I spend the entire time having them pop out and putting them back in so in short I'm looking for some new in ear headphones. I've heard that sennheiser ones are pretty good but does anyone have any personal experiences/suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

HeatherAngel 10-28-2007 11:10 AM

I'll be interested in the responses - my iPod earphones fall out, well actually only the right ear... every time I run. Very annoying, I agree.

Christina7806 10-28-2007 11:27 AM

I have been using these for well over a year with absolutely NO problems. I tried every other kind of earphone before I found these and nothing else worked. I love them!

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-Q22LP...585144&sr=8-31

Azure 10-28-2007 12:19 PM

I personally use Shure E2C's and LOVE them! They're also in-ear headphones, but they come with three different sleeves for the end when you buy them, in three different sizes. Harder plastic, softer plastic and foam, so you can find the right fit/feel for your ear. I personally think the foam ones work the best with isolating sound AND keeping the headphones in my ear. Unless I literally yank the cord (usually by accident), they NEVER fall out (and I'm not exaggerating!).

I had a great experience with Shure, Inc. I had damage to my old E2Cs after a year, the cord started cracking and exposing wire, and I didn't have a receipt, but I sent them in for repair because I LOVE them. They checked the manufacturing date, it was within their 2-year warranty and they replaced my old headphones with BRAND NEW ONES. :) I actually think that the E2Cs have been discontinued, but you can get them on Amazon.com still. They still make different line in-ear headphones, that are probably even better quality than the ones I have. I bought my E2Cs for $99, and they have a new line for the same price, so I think it's an equivalent. Shure makes in-ear headphones ranging from $99-$500 and you can find them at places like Best Buy.

I know $99 seems like a lot for a pair of headphones, but Shure stands behind their product with great customer service, an excellent warrantee and I will literally NEVER use another brand for headphones. I listen to a lot of audio books and podcasts, and because they block outside interference noise, I can listen to those without having them so loud that I'm hurting my ears.

Hope that helped! I just re-read that and I sound like an advertisement! Sorry! I just had such a great experience with Shure, I like to tell anyone who wants to know about great headphones about them :D

Rafaella 10-28-2007 01:28 PM

denialisnthappiness: you should really get the 4gb nano ipod, i have one and I swear Iīm absolutely in love with it, and the earphones donīt fall as much as my old mp3īs ones!
I bought a pair of Sony earphones that had a plastic thing that goes in the back of your ear so they stay in place. The only cost about 15 dollars.. unfortunately I gave them to my ex boyfriend who had the same problem and never found them again! Boo ohh (now he doesnīt have the problem but i do lol)
But Sony has good earphones and you can use them with the ipod too!