General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-20-2007, 04:57 PM   #16  

Well while we're rakin' the JC ads over the coals what about this "I did it ad" from Val B? She looks GREAT although I think the stylists made a rare error (I love all her clothes on the promo shots!) with the pink gown -- it looks too High School Prom and something about drape isn't flattering to her. Her hair is awesome!

The writers didn't do Kirstie any favors with this silly script - "I'm TELLING!" Yikes....it makes her look jealous!

If you missed it you can watch it here:

http://jennycraig.com/

Last edited by K8-EEE; 09-20-2007 at 04:58 PM.
K8-EEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 05:49 PM   #17  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I think this thread makes me glad I don't watch commercials

What I say is go Kirstie, collect that money, go Valerie, collect that money. Kirstie has obviously struggled with her weight for many years and she has never been a skinny minny. Like any of us, I'm sure she hates the struggle and she would get criticized whether or not she was a JC spokes person so might as well get paid for it. Also, what is the old saying, any publicity is good publicity?

Obviously it is good publicity for JC or else they'd get rid of Kirstie. Consumers speak with dollars and obviously the website must be getting plenty of hits in which they can monitor how many people look at the Kirstie information vs how many people look at the Valerie information.

I imagine as long as Kirstie is good business for JC then they will keep her on.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 05:54 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

WOW nelie...you have lost an amazing amount of weight...good for you!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 05:55 PM   #19  
Just Me

Thanks... I just wish I could've got paid for it
Old 09-20-2007, 07:05 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelie View Post
Kirstie has obviously struggled with her weight for many years and she has never been a skinny minny.
Actually, she was much skinnier once upon a time. She appeared as a contestant on Match Game (am I dating myself here?)--what was that? in the 70's? Anyway, she was quite skinny then. Probably a starving artist!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:03 PM   #21  
Just Me

Oh I know she was much skinnier but I always remember her being chunkier than the average actress. Maybe my memory is just flaky? Even in the Star Trek movie from the early 80s and definitely from Cheers.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:06 PM   #22  

Well she fessed up to being on the then-popular Cocaine Diet in the 80's, which I dabbled in myself, luckily not to a catastrophic level, had some friends who got seriously messed up (although, thin) on that regime.....with the exception of meth that's probably the worst diet EVER!!
Old 09-21-2007, 09:56 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 229/SeeTicker/155

Height: 5' 9"

I feel bad for Kirstie, gaining her weight back, as it's happened to me several times ... BUT JC should not lie, and do deceptive advertising! Kirstie was successful at weight-loss for awhile, but she is not right now, and JC is lying. I do resent that! This video with the lemurs is ridiculous ... who thought of that???
babenwaiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 01:01 AM   #24  

I used to work in an ad agency years ago and I'm just picturing the drama this situation is creating. Would SO love to be a fly on the wall in the meetings with the JC exex & ad agency suits.... HOLD ALL CALLS!

I'll bet they're freaking OUT! Did ya see the new Enquirer with Kirstie on the cover. Not in the marketing plan!

IMO they missed the boat. They should have held her to that 5 lb clause she claims she has in her contract. That way they could have quietly moved on to the next celeb (Val B) before Kirstie got really fat. They would have been off the hook.

Conversely, they could have had her asking Val B's help to get on the wagon -- almost every dieter has setbacks, that would have been a great commercial drama and maybe even brought ex-JCers back to the fold.

But the way they are working it, with her alternatively hiding and getting photographed being 200 lbs + while doing the "how I keep it off" thing....no, that's not a good way to deal with it!