Update on the "JOB"

• Well I found out last Friday that I was 2nd to be picked for the job I wanted. I am bummed but not wiped out. I know I didnt have as much experience as some others, but I did beat out 16 other people. They asked to keep my information and told me that they are going to be hiring again by Spring (at least the site manager thinks so, maybe sooner he said) I said yes! I also asked for some feedback. It went well. I have applied to some other companies, but if I am still working where I am at now, I would be happy to accept a position in the Spring with this company. Dont be sad for me, all things happen for a reason.

DH and I looked at a house last night, 4 bedrooms 2.5 baths. NICE, much bigger than where we are. Has a formal living room/dining room and a casual family room and breakfast bar. We are waiting to get a call from the owner to talk details (Her sister showed the house to use, since the owner lives out of state). We really like it and, surprisingly, my husband REALLY likes it. It has a brick covered patio, a nice yard, 2 car garage that is finished and insulated, and a HUGE ROUND Jacuzzi tub in the full bath on the main floor. The rooms are double what ours are here and it has storage to last forever..lol So we are hoping we can get it, it would be nice to spend this Christmas in a new house.....
  • Good luck on the job and the house. The house sounds great!
  • I'm so sorry you didn't get it. But 2nd place isn't bad at all! And I hope you hear from them in the Spring. That's good about the house too. We're starting to look into moving. We have to sell our current house first as a condition of our pre-approval for a new mortgage, so it might be awhile. Our realtor said not to even put the house on the market until October because the market is so slow right now. But hey, at least when we do sell our house we'll have plenty to choose from!
  • Sorry you didn't get the job, but its good they are keeping your info on record and that you got some feedback on your interview. Good luck with your job search and the house search!