What do measurements mean?

• I've read posts from people who are freaking out because of thier measurements. these posts tend to come from ppl who have measurements I'd die for!

I am five seven. I do not know how much I weigh. My measurements are 39-31-40... what does this mean? Is this healthy?

I wear size 10's primarily, some 8's, and I wear 32-32 in men's jeans ( I like them to sit lower on my hips then on my waist ).

Is this just an issue of wanting what you don't have? I know I have fat to lose, but I don't really consider myself to be a larger person. I have a medium bone structure..yet I also don't want to have an unrealistic idea of my size...y'know where you think you look one way but you really look another?

I apologize if I put this in the wrong category...I don't know where it'd fit.
  • Quote: Is this just an issue of wanting what you don't have?
    I think yuo hit the nail on the head and drove it all the way in Really, people are talking about SHAPES and your measurements relate to that - hourglass figure, apple, pear, etc. I'm an hourglass, and I love it but I think that a lot of those posters were apples and pears and wished they could be hourglass shaped.
  • How do I know which one I am? I know I'm not an apple because my middle is small and I don't gain weight there... I'm not sure if I'm a pear or closer to an hour glass since my bust measurements and my hip measurements are close...

y'know, there are some things that people can tell you that you never understand until you realize it yourself. There are other things that as much as you know, deep down, it takes someone else to make you realize.
  • Based on your measurements, I would say you're an hourglass. Maybe someone else can chime in here, though?