3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   What can I do about this???????????? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/120751-what-can-i-do-about.html)

staciec878 08-19-2007 10:50 AM

What can I do about this????????????

modkittn 08-19-2007 10:53 AM

You should call the pharmacy and ask. You should be able to tell them that you don't want anyone besides yourself and your husband (if you are married) to pick up your prescription.

staciec878 08-19-2007 11:09 AM

Well since they already gave them out, is there anthing else I can do about this??? There has to be some kind of law about this. I dont think just anyone can go in and get your prescripttion. Im sorry Im just really uset about this.

bargoo 08-19-2007 11:10 AM

I would definetly talk to the manager/owner of the store. This doesn't sound right.

modkittn 08-19-2007 11:11 AM

Well did you call them or go there and tell them that they gave it to someone else? I think you need to contact the pharmacy first.

At my pharmacy, they just ask the name and confirm your address. So if someone knows your address and whatever medications you are on, they can probably get them without any problems, unless the pharmacist knows you really well!

staciec878 08-19-2007 11:43 AM

Is there any privacy laws against this?

modkittn 08-19-2007 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staciec878 (Post 1821148)
Is there any privacy laws against this?

Here is CVS's privacy policy in TX:

http://www.cvs.com/corpInfo/privacy/nopps/NOPPwebTX.pdf

staciec878 08-19-2007 12:04 PM

I cant click on that link, it says I need to download something. Im just wondering If I can do anything other than talk to the manager about this. That was personaly information on what drugs im taking and I just dont appreciate them giving my prescription to someone else.

modkittn 08-19-2007 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staciec878 (Post 1821165)
I cant click on that link, it says I need to download something. Im just wondering If I can do anything other than talk to the manager about this. That was personaly information on what drugs im taking and I just dont appreciate them giving my prescription to someone else.

You need to download Adobe Acrobat Reader. Its perfectly safe to install that. Lots of websites use pdf format to display something as a document.

Basically, they said they share information with personal relatives, etc when needed. Didn't say anything about actually giving out prescriptions. I don't know why you don't want to talk to the manager, since it seems like this is the only thing that will keep this from happening again. Is there a reason you don't want to talk to them?

Were you able to get your prescription from your relative at least?

staciec878 08-19-2007 12:11 PM

Im about to leave to go talk to him about this. I called him earlier, but the pharamacy doesnt open to 12. To me its not the point of my relative giving them to me, I dont think its anybody business to see what kind of medication im taking, When I was up there last night explaining this to the pharamacist. She sayes that they have to check for id when giving out cripts escpecailly narcatiots. If she would have checked the Id, she would have seen that wasnt me. Im just mad. Its no ones business except mine what kind of medicie in on. This is making me reall upset, and I dont know what else to do except talk to the manager, who probaly wont be much help.

shelby897 08-19-2007 12:45 PM

I've worked in the medical practice all my life -- I don't think they had any right to give it to a family member and I would contact the pharmacy's main number if I were you (not the store, the CVS headquarters). I really think if you want to, you could follow this up quite far. Our CVS makes you sign for a prescription and unless your family member signed your name (fraudulently), they should have at least noticed this.

modkittn 08-19-2007 01:14 PM

I wasn't saying it was right to give your relative the prescription - certainly not! I was just worried and wondering if you were still able to get it, if it was something you couldn't miss taking!

ennay 08-19-2007 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelby897 (Post 1821214)
I've worked in the medical practice all my life -- I don't think they had any right to give it to a family member and I would contact the pharmacy's main number if I were you (not the store, the CVS headquarters). I really think if you want to, you could follow this up quite far. Our CVS makes you sign for a prescription and unless your family member signed your name (fraudulently), they should have at least noticed this.

You know I have gone in for my husbands prescriptions and vice versa multiple times and noone has even blinked. At most I have gotten the question "what is the prescription" and if I knew what he was getting that was good enough. Usually not even that though No one who gave me these prescriptions has ever had any way to know or verify our relationship. No one has ever asked for ID. All I ever did was walk up to the counter and say I am here to pick up a prescription for Joe Schmo and they handed it right over as long as I paid the co-pay. - I signed my own name to the release form and even had the pharmacist do the usage consult.

EZMONEY 08-19-2007 01:32 PM

I deal with CVS and have never had anyone question wether or not it was me or asked for ID when picking up my prescriptions. I just call in and pick up.

I can see where this might not be a good thing.

modkittn 08-19-2007 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ennay (Post 1821282)
You know I have gone in for my husbands prescriptions and vice versa multiple times and noone has even blinked. At most I have gotten the question "what is the prescription" and if I knew what he was getting that was good enough. Usually not even that though No one who gave me these prescriptions has ever had any way to know or verify our relationship. No one has ever asked for ID. All I ever did was walk up to the counter and say I am here to pick up a prescription for Joe Schmo and they handed it right over as long as I paid the co-pay. - I signed my own name to the release form and even had the pharmacist do the usage consult.

I've done the same thing a bunch of times! I'm sure though that if you told them you didn't want anyone but you picking something up that they could put a "Check ID" in their computer so that when any script wrung up was yours, it alerted the salesperson/pharmacist to check your id.