General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-10-2007, 07:31 PM   #1  
Addicted to potato salad!

Default All About HOCKEY!!!

Gary:

Okay...so...here's my awesome interview of Don Cherry and Brett Hull, with Don Cherry sticking up for my Sabres and dissing Brett Hull for his NO GOAL that won Dallas the Stanley Cup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3FwRoBoYuM
techwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 10:58 PM   #2  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

i Was Only Kidding
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 08:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/189/156

Height: 5'10"

Yay, hockey!!

Brett couldn't hold a candle in that conversation! If that's how Brett needs to think the be able to look himself in the mirror every morning, then so be it, but it's been 8 years now, and no one's forgotten how that cup was won illegally.

So, how long do you think the Buffalo curse is going to last?

Do you remember when goalie Clint Malarchuk got sliced in the throat with a hockey blade ~ '89? That was so gross! Poor guy almost died! Gotta give props to the awesome trainers who saved his life!

I am so glad to see Lindie Ruff still at the helm. I think he's a good coach! I just think the upper big wigs need to get their heads out of their butts!
aymster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 10:31 PM   #4  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

OK KRIS ~ so Angie is up in the living room doing her crossword puzzle. As usual she hollers down to me with the sports questions she doesn't know.

Today she hollers down "Babe, the Buffalo hockey team?" Before she can get all of "team" out I yell back up "the SABRES" ~ she says "how did you know that so fast?" I say "don't I usually answer all of the questions correctly?' she says "well yes, but not always that fast and YOU DON'T EVEN WATCH HOCKEY!"

So I go up and tell her "do you really want to know how I know that?" ~ "SURE" "Well you know TECHWIFE?" ~ "YES, the basil one" ~ "Well she is a huge Sabres fan, we are always going at it" ~ "Figures, thanks babe."

Just thought I'd share that with you
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 08:21 AM   #5  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

I LOVE hockey! I played when I was young and also on the women's team at college. I can't play now because I have two bulging discs in my back and some other health issues. I can still do pond hockey every once in a while. Love watching the games though. But I'm a Bruins fan, even if they do suck sometimes

Can't get to YouTube from work (they block it) so I'll have to check out that video later
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 08:46 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
OK KRIS ~ so Angie is up in the living room doing her crossword puzzle. As usual she hollers down to me with the sports questions she doesn't know.

Today she hollers down "Babe, the Buffalo hockey team?" Before she can get all of "team" out I yell back up "the SABRES" ~ she says "how did you know that so fast?" I say "don't I usually answer all of the questions correctly?' she says "well yes, but not always that fast and YOU DON'T EVEN WATCH HOCKEY!"

So I go up and tell her "do you really want to know how I know that?" ~ "SURE" "Well you know TECHWIFE?" ~ "YES, the basil one" ~ "Well she is a huge Sabres fan, we are always going at it" ~ "Figures, thanks babe."

Just thought I'd share that with you
Gary...so glad I'm a household name. Too bad it wasn't a question on who wants to be a millionaire!!

Aymster: I don't know how long this curse will last. I hope not indefinitely!! I know the Bills have forever until they have a shot at breaking it. If they couldn't do it in four consecutive Super Bowls, I don't know what will end it for them. As for the Sabres...I should probably start rooting for another team. They probably would have won the Ottawa series and then beat the Ducks if I didn't have any emotion invested in watching them. I think it's me....

Modkitten: My daughter is DESPERATE to play hockey this year. She wants to pretend to be Danielle Briere, I think. He's playing for the Flyers this year. I think I speak for Aymster on this as well in saying that we are close to vomiting just thinking about it.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:54 AM   #7  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwife View Post
My daughter is DESPERATE to play hockey this year. She wants to pretend to be Danielle Briere, I think. He's playing for the Flyers this year. I think I speak for Aymster on this as well in saying that we are close to vomiting just thinking about it.
Because of the Briere reference, or because of her playing hockey My parents pulled me out once I started getting older and we could check. I still played pond hockey and stuff, until college and then I got on the women's team. It was great, but I really wish I could have honed my skills more by staying in the youth league, even if they did check. Although, I could also add that I remember my older brother checking someone once, and the kid had to be taken off the ice on a stretcher. He was fine, just knocked his head too hard into the boards but my brother felt AWEFUL. Anyway, if she wants to play I say let her play The only thing is that is probably the most expensive sport out of all the rest, considering the cost of equipment every year!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 09:56 AM   #8  

Oh, Aymster and I are sick about Briere going to Philly on account of we're Sabres fans.

I'm looking forward to my daughter playing hockey this year. She took 4 years of figure skating and we got her some hockey skates and she spent the better part of a morning shoveling off an ice patch in our back yard so she could practice, so I took her to the rink and she bombed around in her Briere jersey like a pro! Every time they play floor hockey in gym, she comes home all excited because she scored a couple goals against boys. She's definitely made for a girls hockey team....it's just, yes, the cost is goign to be painful.