Imagine, if you will ...

• ... that you are a nurse. You've just worked 10 shifts in 11 days. Tomorrow is your first day off of three! Everyone else is working. Your house will be empty, but for you and the cat. The grocery store is just around the corner. A fresh vegetable stand mere steps further. The weight room will be empty. What would you do?
  • Sleep.
  • After all those shifts I would rest. I'd rent a movie, watch One Life To Live, and maybe take a nap.

I'd get some cucumbers and carrots from that vegetable stand. I'd also take advantage of the empty weight room and do some exercises in there.
  • First, sleep in!!! Then plan a menu and make a list of what you want from those stores.....walk to the vegetable stand and get the freshest that you can get that will be part of your plan. Then stop at the grocery store to pick up what the vegetable stand doesn't have. Then walk home and prepare a beautiful meal for you and whoever shows up to eat with you.
  • Sit on my butt and watch TV.
  • Get a couple of good books and read, after a hard workout each day and a nice bath afterwards. Do a puzzle. A craft for Halloween or Christmas. Get a haircut, nails and toenails done. Take a walk at a park in another town. Go swimming at a public pool or beach.

I could go on and on with a million and one things to do.
  • Buy some hummus and wine to go with those veggies
  • 1. Go to produce stand, buy whatever looks delicious and fresh
    2. Go home, research recipes or other new ideas to prepare new foods, go to store for whatever healthy ingredients I need to create meals using the produce for the next three days.
    3. Take a bubble bath and relax
    4. Cook something new, set the table for one, and enjoy!
    5. Research new ways to challenge muscles, get in a few good strength workouts.
  • RELAX! Imagine, if YOU will...sleeping in, a bubble bath, making a nice meal for yourself, enjoying a movie, reading a book... You deserve it!
  • Oooo so many wonderful ideas!
    I think I'll get up when I want.
    Enjoy my coffee with 3FC.
    Eat when and what I want (high protein, low fat, low cal of course). I love black bean hummus but nobody else here does.
    Walk when I want.
    Lift weights for upper body when I want.
    Watch Ellen and What Not To Wear.
    Nap when I want.
    Make something scrumptious for dinner ... maybe with an exciting new vegetable.
  • First day I would rest and do stuff around the house like laundry. That's what my SIL does and that's what I plan on doing when I become a nurse.
  • God Smack!
    I saw feet in DS#1's bed ... "You here?" ... and someone grunted "I never work Fridays when I'm on day shift"
    So I guess I'm not alone here.

Ah, it was a pretty dream! He's not much trouble.
  • ... and DS#2 came home from work early
    however ... I slept in, walked, did upper body, watched some TV, napped, gardened and had ice cream!
    Perhaps not the stuff of which dreams are made ... but a pretty nice day.