Wrong Song Lyrics

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Have you ever...sure you have....sang the wrong words to a song?

I used to think that the words to VENUS by BANANARAMA were I'm your Venus I'm your fire and joy yes I am not ..I'm your Venus, I'm your fire at your desire

for Billy Idol's EYES WITHOUT A FACE my friend thought it was a black guy singing I's Without A DATE...I am totally serious!

What about you?
  • Like a rhinestone cowboy, getting cards and letters from people I don't even know, and mothballs coming over the phone....

You picked a fine time to leave me, Lucille, 400 children and a crop in the field...(no wonder she left!)
  • this is fun... the transformers theme song I thought it was Robots in THE SKY...

also, for anyone in California I'm sure you're not the first one to hear about this misheard lyric: Cal Worthington's commercials from the 80's... I always thought the song "Go See Cal, go see call etc" was "pussy cow..." which, when I was seven I rationalized that if his dog Spot could be an elephant then certainly he could have a half cat half cow pet somewhere too. LMAO
  • You picked a fine time to leave me, Lucile. With four hundred (hungry) children and a crop in the field.

Yeah, I'd leave you too, if I came home to 400 children (even if I assume I bore at least some of them).

Yeah, I figured it out by the time the song ended, but boy was I startled for a moment.
  • Sorry Trekkigirl, didn't even see your post before I wrote mine. I can't believe I'm not the only one!

BTW I just told hubby, and he said he and his friends in highschool used to sing "You picked a fine time to leave me Lucille, with 400 children and pot in the field," (at least explaining why all the kids were there!)
  • Oh and I had a friend who thought the OakRidge Boys song Elvira, was ****, Fire Up
  • Check this out

http://www.kissthisguy.com/
  • My personal favorites:

"Stop! In the neighborhood...before you break my heart..."

and

"Hey Rodriego....days when the rains came...down in the hollow...playin a new game"

I also spent a good amount of my elementary school days reciting the pledge of allegiance incorrectly. Not really a song, but..."...and to the Republic, for Richard stands..." is pretty classic.

I also sang a song in church thinking that God was named Andy. Why? Well..."Andy walks with me, Andy talks with me, Andy tells me I am his own". True story. My dad thought it was hilarious because its actually a fairly common joke...and I genuinely believed it.
  • Ooo ooo I look just like Buddy Holly and smell like Mario LeMieux ...

Love you inside and out, backward and foreward with my tongue hangin out ...

With birds to shead it's a lonely view ...
  • I was a big "underdog" fan as I kid, and I thought he was part of the Pledge "one nation, underdog..." Not sure how THAT happened. As an aside, apparently many kids have thought "I pledge allegience to the flag" was "I led the pigeons to the flag."

There was a song "Forever in Blue Jeans". I thought it was "Reverend Blue Jeans"
  • And of course the favorite hymn, "Gladly the Crosseyed Bear" (" Gladly the Cross I Would Bear")
  • LOL, thanks for the link, kaplods. Seems quite a few people heard "400 children." LOL, one also heard "crap in the field." Yeah, with 400 children I guess there would be. Maybe the farmer needed fertilizer for the crops.

LOL, I liked this one somebody had: "Getting konked with lettuce from people I dont even know"
  • That site was so funny. Hubby and I were laughing so hard, we probably woke the neighbors (I was posting pretty late).
  • Cracking up!
    how 'bout: There's a bathroom on the right..

CCR 'Bad Moon Rising'

I love this thread!
  • Ok, no it's not really a song, but I recall a friends child who was explaining that the new Shrek movie was
    "coming feenie arnoo".
    I said,"What???" and she sighed heavily and said,
    "COMING. FEENIE. ARNOO!!!"
    My friend translated this as
    "Coming to a theatre near you"...
    I also babysat a young girl who, when I put her down for the night, got really, really angry and said;
    "I'm CHICKEN tired of you!"