3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Guess My weight (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/119005-guess-my-weight.html)

alinnell 07-27-2007 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EZMONEY (Post 1793289)
How about..

"Oh my goodness Dear, I am horrible at guessing I always guess way too high...why don't you wait right here while I go get my scale that way we both know for sure." ;)

Very, very good, Gary! I'll have to remember that one!

blondebritbrat17 07-28-2007 12:20 AM

Ehh.. I hate those kinds of questions. I got asked a couple of months ago to guess someone's age and I was only off by 4 years and they got kind of huffy with me for a long time to say the least. It was annoying and childish. It always makes me feel that they are fishing for a compliment. I really do agree with the other's comments sometimes it takes like a picture to hit home how bad you look. That's what happened to me. I really don't know how to get out of those kinds of questions. But I really don't have friends like that.

almostheaven 07-28-2007 02:12 PM

I've been asked a few times, and I say the same thing..."I'm not good at guessing weight." The only difference is, when they insist, I stick with answer #1 and don't proceed to step two. I figure its a loaded question. You're danged if ya do and danged if ya don't. They don't really WANT your opinion, they want you to make them feel better about themself. Its dangerous ground I refuse to tread.

lizziness 07-28-2007 05:30 PM

In my household the game my mom always played and she seems to have passed on to me is the "Am I as fat as HER?" game... you see some random fat woman and ask your husband "am i as fat as that one?" and then hope he gives you the right answer....

sadly sometimes you are that fat, or fatter - and both my dad and my husband are NOT liars. *LOL*

kaplods 07-28-2007 08:30 PM

If it comes up you could always make a sacarstic guess "125 yrs old," "2000 lbs?"

ShootingStar 07-29-2007 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilybelle (Post 1793128)
This whole topic of wt. came up last night because there was a large man at our table that brought it up. First, he wanted everyone to guess his weight. My DH guessed him at 220. He then said he was 371 lbs.

So was this man PROUD of his weight or something? It's funny how men can fool themselves that it's "muscle". Sure... 150 lbs of muscle... :mag:

maalisse 07-30-2007 02:23 AM

I used to think I "carried my weight well," too, because everyone always balked when I told them my weight.

Then, I realized that a lot of people I know seem to have this mindset:

85-100 lb = underweight
100-110 lb = slender
120 lb = muscled
130 lb = a bit pudgy
150 lb = fat
200 lb = SUPER OBESE

...regardless of height. :lol:

Of course, the number of overweight women who put 120-130 on their driver's licenses probably don't help dispel this myth. ;)

Denial is a funny thing.

lilybelle 07-30-2007 11:23 AM

Kim, yes he was proud of his 371 lbs. and even said "I have a brother that weighs 280, but he's flabby not muscular like me and he looks awful". Umm, this man was definitely not muscle. Of course, no one told him that. He had boobs bigger than I do. Sometimes I think really big men don't see themselves as Fat, but even a slight extra weight on a female to them is seen as FAT.

nelie 07-30-2007 11:39 AM

Lily,

Maybe you should point out to this women that to some women 180 is seen as absolutely huge. I think it is partly the fact that women have distorted body images but also the compuslive lying of women as a whole. I've seen the weights listed of average (not the anorexic looking ones) actresses where they say their weight 110. For some reason, 110 is the magic number. I am sure those actresses weigh as much as 160, depending on their build and muscularity but still they can't admit it.

I've overheard skinny girls talk about people and say "that girl is huge, she must weigh 200 lbs".

Who knows? I'm not good at guessing weight but if I did, I'd try to guess true. I'm pretty good at guessing age although I scared myself recently at almost guessing the age of a girl my age and I thought she was 10 years older. I'm glad I didn't touch that one.

ennay 07-30-2007 05:32 PM

For age I ALWAYS guess 23....there is rarely anyone who doesnt like 23. People younger than 23 want to be older, people older generally want to be younger. People outside that possiblility generally laugh and get the hint. If they dont then I tell them the truth..."I ALWAYS guess 23"

So...what is the perfect weight...lol. I think if you dont want to be honest then be blatantly ridiculous.

denial...my dad had a scale at his house. He always tweaked the calibration so that his weight never changed. When we moved him from PA to OR he got mad because the scale changed. I remember dd was 4 months old then and I weighed about 170 and his scale had me at 150.

almostheaven 07-30-2007 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maalisse (Post 1795306)
Of course, the number of overweight women who put 120-130 on their driver's licenses probably don't help dispel this myth. ;)

Denial is a funny thing.

I always listed whatever my last weigh-in at the doctor's was. Course, there was really no hiding it. No one would've believed I was 130 lbs. LOL But the driver's license comment reminded me of when I flew home for a visit after I'd lost over 100 pounds. The lady at the airline counter kept staring at me and my license and my husband had to explain to her my weight loss. She ran off to the counter next to her and started showing my ID around and pointing back at me. ROFL!

mom2cole 07-31-2007 07:11 PM

I hate those age, weight questions. A lady I work with was talking to me about something and she said "since we are close to the same age" and I knew she was about 44 or so and I am 27. I started to think, I must look OLD! So when we were talking about age again, I mentioned I still hadn't hit my 30's she had to ask my age. But it worries me, I don't want to look like a forty something at 27!

ennay 08-01-2007 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom2cole (Post 1797896)
I hate those age, weight questions. A lady I work with was talking to me about something and she said "since we are close to the same age" and I knew she was about 44 or so and I am 27. I started to think, I must look OLD! So when we were talking about age again, I mentioned I still hadn't hit my 30's she had to ask my age. But it worries me, I don't want to look like a forty something at 27!

she is probably in denial about her own age, i am:D

Janny O 08-01-2007 03:31 PM

" Exit-Stage Right!!!" when I hear that question....."sorry-real busy, gotta go!!"

charolastra00 08-02-2007 12:28 AM

I'm always tempted to ask people how big they think I look but I'll never get a straight answer. I think I look MUCH bigger than I actually am :P The only person who has ever guessed was my doctor, who overshot by 30 pounds. Ouch. Some people can carry their weight well. I flop it all over the place! :P