General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-20-2007, 12:54 PM   #1  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Default Top Chef

So, who thinks Hong is getting a bit uppity? He said last week that he had to call a judge on something. This week he was a bit mouthy with one of them. Then there's that running around the kitchen with his knife in hand.

What happened to Padra's(sp) arm? Have you noticed her upper right arm?
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 01:43 PM   #2  
Mrs. Determined

S/C/G: 243/ /150

Hi!
I can't figure out what day the new shows come on. I keep finding the repeats.
I did notice her arm and in a morbid kind of way, I thought it looked cool, and she's not embarrassed to show it, I noticed.
FitinTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 04:31 PM   #3  

S/C/G: My goal: 130 lbs.

Height: 5' 5"

Padma has had that scar since she was 14 years old. She was in an auto accident with her parents. Her arm was shattered and she also broke her hip.
There was an article in Vogue magazine back in 01. She opened up about how she used to hate the scar... but in reality, it made her more appealing. She is a beautiful woman.
NHmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 04:49 PM   #4  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Good for her for letting it become a part of her.

My older daughter was burned when she was 16 months old. I was standing right there and couldn't prevent it. Anyway, I made the choice to have her just wear the same shirts that the other girls wore and let it become part of her. Now that she's older, she still wears tank tops and other shirts and if someone has a problem with her scars, then it is their problem not hers.

Hooray for Padra.

Thanks for letting me know. We've been wondering about that.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 11:37 AM   #5  

S/C/G: My goal: 130 lbs.

Height: 5' 5"

you're welcome cbmare.
that must've been horrifying for you when that happened to your child.

I, too, have terrible scars from a childhood lawnmower accident and most of my life I would never wear flip flops or pretty shoes. It wasn't until 3 years ago I started wearing flip flops. My friend was the first one to notice and she was so excited... she always said the scar is me and it will never go away, so I had to accept it and not worry about what other people thought. She was right
NHmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote