Citrus bath/hand soap?

• I always think a lemon- or orange-scented hand or bath soap (call me fussy but I mean lemon, not lemon verbena) would seem nice. I finally found one (Get Real) @ Whole Foods, but it costs, I just pay whatever but I think something like $3.99 for 1 bar; otherwise the only places that have them is like the Vermont Country Store 'log. How the heck come mainstream supermarket hand/body soaps (like Dial or Zest that you can get in a pack of 3 or 6 or 8) are never lemon- or orange-scented, they've always got some meaningless scent-name like "Spring Rain" or "Island Breeze"? This site must be visited by a lot of domestic scientists who should know?
  • have you searched online? I just did a search and came up with a Dial soap that is citrus, 8 bars for 6.99

http://www.drugstore.com/qxp152002_3..._5_oz_bars.htm

Also, you can try making soap yourself. From what I understand, it isn't that hard and you'd be able to mix your own scents.
  • I just bought some discontinued citrus-y scents at Bath & Body Works. I hate that they always discontinue my fave scents---all which happen to be citrus scents!!!!
  • Bath and Bodyworks has their liquid pump handsoaps on sale again @ 3 for $10, the Kitchen Lemon is pretty good. I don't like anything Lemon Verbena either, yuck.

I know Dial has a body wash that is mandarin/grapefruit or something citrusy like that, runs anywhere fron $5-6 a bottle.
  • I too was going to suggest Bath & Body...love their soaps & lotions! And sometimes KayLiny...if a scent is discontinued you can sometimes find it online. There's a couple of lotions that I like and about the only time the store has it is when they have their $4 or $5 sale. But I found it online...of course, not sure how long they will have it, lol.
  • Thanks Christina!!!

I usually shop BBW's when they have their sale in Jan & June. I always get the scents I want then! My cousin has an outlet store by her & I need to send here there!!!! I am thinking of making a list for her next trip to NY!!!

Fair is fair......I send NY yummies & she brings me stuff!!!
  • Spoke too soon: @ Wal-Mart this morning I picked up an 8-pack of Tangerine Mango Twist Zest
  • B&B has a scent I love, coconut lime verbena. I like pearberry too. Eventually I would like to get into making my own soaps and lotions.
  • I have a bar of Get Real lemon soap and love it. It lasts a really long time, and I love that it's all natural I'm another fan of citrus scents.